Switching Sxos-whatever works and is easier

SolanaRafael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys,. So I'm sorry I'm sure there's been hundreds of posts like these and believe me I have taken sweet time trying to find somewhat of a simple explanation on how to migrate from SXOS. Its been years since I last attempted to use my switch, for reference im on SX v3.0.5 and switch is 9.1.0, yes, family happened and games took a back seat.

Ironically, Mario party is the one game my wife and now 4yo daughter greatly enjoy, I just heard there's a new one but also sx is dead so i face a wall I don't know how to climb.

Could any of you kind souls be able to guide my dumb old brain to getting there?

Much much appreciated

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guides have a ready been written, just do a little Googling and you'll find plenty. In my opinion, the easiest path is to ditch SXOS and just use Atmosphere.
* Backup everything you can backup, just in case
* Use a save manager to export all your game saves - This'll be the last time you may have to use SXOS
* Use a guide to install Hekate, Atmosphere, sigPatches
* Create emuNand - upgrade firmware if you wish
* Install your game(s)
* Restore/import your game saves
* Play

Reactions: SolanaRafael

SolanaRafael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guides have a ready been written, just do a little Googling and you'll find plenty. In my opinion, the easiest path is to ditch SXOS and just use Atmosphere.
* Backup everything you can backup, just in case
* Use a save manager to export all your game saves - This'll be the last time you may have to use SXOS
* Use a guide to install Hekate, Atmosphere, sigPatches
* Create emuNand - upgrade firmware if you wish
* Install your game(s)
* Restore/import your game saves
* Play
Thank you for taking the time, it helped me clear my mind on how it may not be as hard as it's presented on the guides I've looked at.

I have a question tho, say I grab another microsd and work everything as if starting from scratch. Would that work?

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for taking the time, it helped me clear my mind on how it may not be as hard as it's presented on the guides I've looked at.

I have a question tho, say I grab another microsd and work everything as if starting from scratch. Would that work?
Yes but you would lose anything installed on that card such as games.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Mario Party works on SXOS... as does all the other first party releases like Metroid and the lot. All you have to do is update your Switch firmware to 11.0, find and download SXOS 3.1.0 and patch your game backups (which takes less than 5 minutes) and youre ready.

And honestly that's what I recommend you doing. Mainly because you said you've been out of the scene and installing Atmosphere is going to require you to relearn a bunch of stuff. Much simpler for you to just stick on SXOS and patch Mario Party.

If you still want to switch to Atmosphere, there is a guide I posted in another SXOS migrate thread on the first page of Switch discussion.

SolanaRafael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes but you would lose anything installed on that card such as games.
But I'd be having two different SD cards, wouldn't the other still work if I change it? I don't care much about what is installed and not as i don't think I'll be revisiting games but rather move on with future games

SolanaRafael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mario Party works on SXOS... as does all the other first party releases like Metroid and the lot. All you have to do is update your Switch firmware to 11.0, find and download SXOS 3.1.0 and patch your game backups (which takes less than 5 minutes) and youre ready.

And honestly that's what I recommend you doing. Mainly because you said you've been out of the scene and installing Atmosphere is going to require you to relearn a bunch of stuff. Much simpler for you to just stick on SXOS and patch Mario Party.

If you still want to switch to Atmosphere, there is a guide I posted in another SXOS migrate thread on the first page of Switch discussion.
I really like this option, but I'm clueless on how to update to a specific switch firmware and also about patching, would really appreciate if you could point me at which apps should I look for and i could take it from there.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But I'd be having two different SD cards, wouldn't the other still work if I change it? I don't care much about what is installed and not as i don't think I'll be revisiting games but rather move on with future games
I just mean any data won't be on the new card so it will be missing games and such. But you could copy them over by copying over the Nintendo folder.

Kazalber

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hey, I'm a fellow SX OS user who migrated to Atmosphere (well, not entirely, as I still use SX).
I know it may seem like a wild jungle, specially since you've been out of the scene for quite some time... But I assure you, it's easier than it seems.

As stated in the replies above, you can either ditch SX and start over with Atmos, or you could use both cfws.
If you're planning on using different SD cards for different cfws, just make sure to backup your save files.

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
You can use Deep Sea CFW which runs using atmosphere and you can find it here in the switch forum only thing to do is erase everything from your micro sd but the Nintendo folder and copy the files given in the deep sea pack to the root of your micro sd and after that look for the latest sigpatches and copy them also overwriting when asked and that’s it I also was an SX user but now I’m on Atmosphere and it works like a charm

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, you can have two separate cards, one for SXOS and one for Atmosphere, but most people who still have use for SXOS will just use the same SD card. I used to have both on mine until I ran out of space, then removed SXOS for good. SXOS and Atmosphere use separate files/folders to operate, so they don't interfere with each other. You decide which to run by the payload you send in RCM. If your main goal is just to play some games, I'd imagine that you won't miss SXOS much once you have Atmosphere setup.
The setup for Hekate/Atmosphere is extremely simple; it's just some zip files you have to unzip to the root of the SD card. Guides tend to be verbose because it needs to explain things beyond just file copies - for those who don't know what CWF, RCM, etc ... are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night