switching sd cards, what happens to cias and saves?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ||αяιєѕ||, Jun 5, 2016.

1. ||αяιєѕ||
    OP

||αяιєѕ|| Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2014
    I have an o3ds with a9lh + luma3ds + latest version. I have a 32gb microsd with all the files and cias and saves I have. Now, I'm running out of space and I want to transfer everything to a new sd card. I understand that I only need to copy all the files to the new one to keep my a9lh and luma3ds but I'm wondering how I'll get my cias and saves back. Do I have to reinstall my cias and restart my game or what? Thanks in advance

2. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    If you just have sysNAND you can just copy paste and everything will still be there like it was before

||αяιєѕ|| likes this.
  3. jsa

jsa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Devon, UK
    Just copy every file over (don't forget the "Nintendo 3DS" folder as this holds all of the 3DS system's data) and you'll be good.

||αяιєѕ|| likes this.
  4. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Th saves and cias are stored in the Nintendo 3DS Folder. As long as you have that you're fine

||αяιєѕ|| likes this.
  5. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Just be sure to format the new card using Panasonic SD Formatter.

And if you're getting a huge one, it'll be SDXC, which will need to be changed to SDHC. For that, use this: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/download/fat32format.zip

One other suggestion is to use Teracopy to copy everything over to the new SD. You can get it to double check everything to make sure there were no copy errors.

||αяιєѕ|| likes this.