chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been having this issue since launch. When I hit the blue switch to change my current backup, all I get is a blinking LED, even after leaving it for an hour. Every now and then, if I take out the cart and put it back into the 3DS, it will change titles, but I can;t seem to find any pattern to make it work consistently. I figured this was just how the card worked, untill I recently saw a video of someone cycling through games, and they seemed to have no issue. I am using an unbranded class 10 32GB sd. Help?

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....

Can you try a different ROM on your card? Also try a different card if that does not work.

I don't have this issue and everything switches just fine.

The blinking leads me to believe this is a read issue, so one of the suggestions above should fix it.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..make sure you dont have any games from other region or else it will make an empty spot each time you land on those roms..

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
I'll go ahead and try another SD and try and get back to you. At the moment, I removed all games but two in order to try and make my life easier. Also it seems in the process of adding another game to it yesterday, I have lost my Majoras Mask Save. Is that normal? All titles are of the correct region, and do play correctly if they actually do load.

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll go ahead and try another SD and try and get back to you. At the moment, I removed all games but two in order to try and make my life easier. Also it seems in the process of adding another game to it yesterday, I have lost my Majoras Mask Save. Is that normal? All titles are of the correct region, and do play correctly if they actually do load.

Hmm... Odd.
I never ran into this.

If you don't mind the Engrish, save game restore instructions here:http://blog.3dseu.com/the-official-tutorial-of-savedata-and-restore-backup-for-sky3ds-flashcart/

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
I can try that, but that would only work if the Save is still somehow on the SD, no? I cam currently writing two backups on the SD to test cycling.

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can try that, but that would only work if the Save is still somehow on the SD, no? I cam currently writing two backups on the SD to test cycling.
You would have to have a copy of the save somewhere....

Are you saying it was deleted somehow altogether?

Hmm.... If a new SD card doesn't solve your issue, I would request a new Sky from wherever you bought it from.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had your exact same issue.
I "fixed" (actually it fixed it by itself) by:
1) Pulling off the card
2) Insert back into while keeping the blue button pressed
3) Pull the card out again and insert back in
I did this some times and then after an unpricesly number of times my sky3ds got cycling trough games like it's supposed to be. I read this method here on GBAtemp, I'll search for the topic later.

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so after that fix, did you stop having that issue all together, or do you have to continue that after each attempt to cycle?
-EDIT-
Just tried again with the new 4GB SD that I had on me, and it seemed to work fine. Is there anything I can do to make the 32GB card useable? perhaps a reformat of some kind?

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but the issue has changed now. It acts as if nothing is inserted in the card slot, and no lights flash when pressing the button.

Fotonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm, so after that fix, did you stop having that issue all together, or do you have to continue that after each attempt to cycle?
-EDIT-
Just tried again with the new 4GB SD that I had on me, and it seemed to work fine. Is there anything I can do to make the 32GB card useable? perhaps a reformat of some kind?

The uSD card for SKY3DS is formatted via their diskwriter tool...

Fotonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I too had problems with some ROMs on a a Kingston 16GB, exchanged with a Sandisk 16 GB and all the problems are gone...

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Is always the card: kingston sucks with sky even if its a class10, I recommend a sandisk extreme (the micro has to be as fast as the flash) or a samsung pro, if you use a cheap and slow micro sd you can experiment hell: corruption saves and freezes, or not be able to switch between games.

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is always the card: kingston sucks with sky even if its a class10, I recommend a sandisk extreme (the micro has to be as fast as the flash) or a samsung pro, if you use a cheap and slow micro sd you can experiment hell: corruption saves and freezes, or not be able to switch between games.

What about the Samsung EVO? It is cheap on Amazon at the moment and I was going to purchase one with my Sky3DS. Has anyone else used the EVO?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Does it have to be an Extreme? What about a Sandisk 64 Gb Ultra? Just curious :)

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..i tought the limit for microSD in sky3ds was 32gig?
Anyway, just an advice, you should get multiples microSD smaller then 32gig, or else you can find it annoying to have to switch all the games to arrive to the first game.. but if you only use 4 games it wont really bother you :P

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about the Samsung EVO? It is cheap on Amazon at the moment and I was going to purchase one with my Sky3DS. Has anyone else used the EVO?

I first used a samsung evo 64 gb and it gave me problems with crashing and black screens, switched to a Markvision class 6 and a sandisk class 4 that I had lying around and the issues are gone. I suggest you stay away from the samsung cards for sky.

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended