Hacking Switching from Rxtools (Nightlys) to CakesFW?

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions that I have concerning this! Is there any reason I should stay with RXtools, since I use none of their tools?

I don't even use their region free.

How would I go about transitioning anyways? First I am going to make a backup. I want to switch because I want 10.3 support to easily update my games! Could anyone help me with the transition? I currently have RXtools set up to cold boot through ctrbootmanager and both my emunand and sysnand are on 9.2.0-20U. I currently have a N3DS. Thanks for the help in advance!

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Just put all the cakes files onto the SDcard as instructed and edit your boot.cfg to point to Cakes.dat. All done. Multiple custom firmwares can co-exist fine on your SDcard. Your emunand isn't affected/changed.

Cakes has an additional boot screen, but look through the options on this bootscreen and you can set it to autoboot.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put all the cakes files onto the SDcard as instructed and edit your boot.cfg to point to Cakes.dat. All done. Multiple custom firmwares can co-exist fine on your SDcard. Your emunand isn't affected/changed.

Cakes has an additional boot screen, but look through the options on this bootscreen and you can set it to autoboot.
Do I have to have any special offset or anything?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, should I have anything to worry about if I have cryptofixed versions of games installed?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, should I have anything to worry about if I have cryptofixed versions of games installed?

If you mean in the boot.cfg offeset, I didn't change mine from it's default, offset = "0x12000". Mainly because I don't even know what that does lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: