Switching from Rxtools (Nightlys) to CakesFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xxbilxx, Jan 18, 2016.

1. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Hi there! I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions that I have concerning this! Is there any reason I should stay with RXtools, since I use none of their tools?

I don't even use their region free.

How would I go about transitioning anyways? First I am going to make a backup. I want to switch because I want 10.3 support to easily update my games! Could anyone help me with the transition? I currently have RXtools set up to cold boot through ctrbootmanager and both my emunand and sysnand are on 9.2.0-20U. I currently have a N3DS. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Spzjulien

Spzjulien GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    cake is great and easy to install/use .. :)

3. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2007
    Just put all the cakes files onto the SDcard as instructed and edit your boot.cfg to point to Cakes.dat. All done. Multiple custom firmwares can co-exist fine on your SDcard. Your emunand isn't affected/changed.

Cakes has an additional boot screen, but look through the options on this bootscreen and you can set it to autoboot.

Last edited by Audioboxer, Jan 18, 2016
  4. xxbilxx
    OP

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Do I have to have any special offset or anything?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, should I have anything to worry about if I have cryptofixed versions of games installed?

5. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2007
    If you mean in the boot.cfg offeset, I didn't change mine from it's default, offset = "0x12000". Mainly because I don't even know what that does lol.