Hacking Switching from Preloader to Priiloader

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
It's your choice if you want to upgrade you can just install over the top of 0.30rev4

Yep.

Also, Priiloader is just a third-party modification of Preloader. The development on Preloader has stopped, so Priiloader picked up where it left off. More info on what Priiloader has to offer can be read here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

The Pink Gato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
longtom1 said:
It's your choice if you want to upgrade you can just install over the top of 0.30rev4

Yep.

Also, Priiloader is just a third-party modification of Preloader. The development on Preloader has stopped, so Priiloader picked up where it left off. More info on what Priiloader has to offer can be read here:

What scares me in the link is the following sentence:

"IT IS _HIGHLY_ RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL PRELOADER ONLY ON A WII WITH UNMODIFIED IOSs!!"

Is it safe if I have cIOS?

~modmystuff~

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
antiaverage said:
longtom1 said:

Yep.

What scares me in the link is the following sentence:

"IT IS _HIGHLY_ RECOMMENDED TO INSTALL PRELOADER ONLY ON A WII WITH UNMODIFIED IOSs!!"

Is it safe if I have cIOS?

~modmystuff~

Generally, the answer is yes, it's safe.

Of course, do a NAND backup with BootMii installed as boot2 and you don't have to worry at all.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
OK.

Thanks to all of you. You really helped me a lot.

Oh, BTW, do you have to autoboot to system menu?

~modmystuff~

No, it's only for those who want to do so. It's up to you. If you really wanted to autoboot to system menu, then it would be a problem if it didn't. If that's not your goal, then it doesn't matter. You don't have to autoboot to the system menu in order to get to the system menu.

The Pink Gato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
modmystuff said:
OK.

~modmystuff~

No, it's only for those who want to do so. It's up to you. If you really wanted to autoboot to system menu, then it would be a problem if it didn't. If that's not your goal, then it doesn't matter.

OK.

Sorry for bugging you guys, but this is my final question:

I have heard people having problems with a patched IOS70 causing priiloader not to load to the system menu.
Is that true?

Also, is rev32 official or not?

~modmystuff~

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
antiaverage said:
modmystuff said:
OK.

~modmystuff~

No, it's only for those who want to do so. It's up to you. If you really wanted to autoboot to system menu, then it would be a problem if it didn't. If that's not your goal, then it doesn't matter.

OK.

Sorry for bugging you guys, but this is my final question:

I have heard people having problems with a patched IOS70 causing priiloader not to load to the system menu.
Is that true?

Also, is rev32 official or not?

~modmystuff~

If you patch IOS70, then you need to re-install Priiloader after patching. That's all. It's a pretty easy fix.

The SVN for Priiloader is here:
http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/source/list

As you can see, it goes up to r39, so my guess is that r32 is compiled from the official source. So yes, it may very well be official. They just haven't released any compiled versions above r30 at the moment.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
OK, I already patched IOS70 before installing Preloader, so if I install Priiloader over Preloader, will I be fine?

~modmystuff~

It should be fine.

Also, in case you missed the edit in my last post...

As you can see, it goes up to r39, so my guess is that r32 is compiled from the official source. So yes, it may very well be official. They just haven't released any compiled versions above r30 at the moment.

The Pink Gato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
modmystuff said:
OK, I already patched IOS70 before installing Preloader, so if I install Priiloader over Preloader, will I be fine?

~modmystuff~

It should be fine.

Also, in case you missed the edit in my last post...

N00b question: what do you mean by 'compiled versions'?

~modmystuff~

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmystuff said:
N00b question: what do you mean by 'compiled versions'?

~modmystuff~

Human readable code has to be compiled to machine code. When people write code for something, it's in a language which is more easily read and understood by humans. It is then converted into code which is better for machines. That is the super super simple explanation. There is a lot more to it than that, but hopefully that's all you really needed to know.

The people working on Priiloader collectively write code and store it on that site I pointed you towards. However, you can't just run the code they have on the site on your Wii. You have to compile it into an executable, like an elf or dol file in this case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: