switcherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi @All,

I am very new to the PS4 JB topic, and just used the 9.0 JB on my new PS4 Pro, on the old PS4 Pro I have a legit 9.03 with lots of games on an external HDD.
Now my questions:
1) what happens if I plug my external HDD from a non-JB 9.03 PS4 console to the JB 9.0 new PS4 console? will it be able to read the encrypted external storage with games and load them?
2) what happens if I connect the same drive back - will it still be readable by the non-JB 9.03 console?
3) what happens if I first use a new external HDD on the non-JB 9.03 console to copy over some games and then plug it in the JB 9.0 console?
4) I can't find any good information on how to use the FTP on the 9.0 JB, I tried to use it but it seems that the partition is read-only and I couldn't find any method yet how to make it writeable and where to copy the FPKG files there. A lot of information in this regard seems to be totally outdated for the 9.0 FW JB.

Many thanks and Happy New Year! :)

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi @All,

I am very new to the PS4 JB topic, and just used the 9.0 JB on my new PS4 Pro, on the old PS4 Pro I have a legit 9.03 with lots of games on an external HDD.
Now my questions:
1) what happens if I plug my external HDD from a non-JB 9.03 PS4 console to the JB 9.0 new PS4 console? will it be able to read the encrypted external storage with games and load them?
2) what happens if I connect the same drive back - will it still be readable by the non-JB 9.03 console?
3) what happens if I first use a new external HDD on the non-JB 9.03 console to copy over some games and then plug it in the JB 9.0 console?
4) I can't find any good information on how to use the FTP on the 9.0 JB, I tried to use it but it seems that the partition is read-only and I couldn't find any method yet how to make it writeable and where to copy the FPKG files there. A lot of information in this regard seems to be totally outdated for the 9.0 FW JB.

Many thanks and Happy New Year! :)
FTP built into goldhen on 9.0. PS4-Xplorer 1.33 - Lapy is a good file manager and ftp witch can give full write permissions. Not sure about HDD question.

switcherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
FTP built into goldhen on 9.0. PS4-Xplorer 1.33 - Lapy is a good file manager and ftp witch can give full write permissions. Not sure about HDD question.
And where should I copy the FPKG files (I assume I will get rid of the write permissions) via FTP? Just in the root of the console or some other folder? (as I think the package manager will look for them in some specific place on the HDD). Thanks!!

switcherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
the data partition/folder iirc.
OK, I found some writeable directories (such as /data, /user and some others) and could transfer the files there, BUT I still don't see the PKGs in the "Package Installer" (tried GoldenHEN and Orbis Toolbox). The installation directly from PS4 Explorer doesn't work either.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to use a special version of package installer, which installs from the data folder. I have no experience with it though. I still use an old flash drive.

switcherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
you need to use a special version of package installer, which installs from the data folder. I have no experience with it though. I still use an old flash drive.
OK, I figured out one way how to do it:
1) using any FTP connection (goldenHEN, PS4 Explorer, etc.)
2) uploading to /user/download/
3) from there installing with PS4 Explorer works fine.
but still curios if there is a way to use remote package installer or the usual package installer from GoldenHEN/Orbis somehow.

Reactions: godreborn

switcherjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Just FYI - indeed I can switch external HDD with extended storage between 9.03 non-JB and 9.0 JB consoles without any problems and without reformatting it, but obviously the games don't work on the JB console as they are (I guess) encrypted with another console's key. So the question now is - can I somehow dump+decrypt them on the JB console or is it impossible? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)