Hacking switched to single partition fat32, games wont work now!

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before with wbfs everything was fine, but i didnt lke the fact that the directory was useless outside of wii.
switched to fat32, plopped in games, went to usb loader gx and all the games were there correctly. then i try to play one, disc shows up, i click A, and BLACK SCREEN! cant power off or reset, must hold power button 5 seconds for it to reboot. any ideas? i musth ave missed something.

i used wii backup manager, all files are in .wbfs format.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont need to copy to make a wad. Maybe he isn't experience with that. I told him to use the google and search for cIOS222 v4 installation offline. I found one and works fine. I have online but I test for offline with this one and it works fine.

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
You dont need to copy to make a wad. Maybe he isn't experience with that. I told him to use the google and search for cIOS222 v4 installation offline. I found one and works fine. I have online but I test for offline with this one and it works fine.
ok thanks guys i didnt know i needed a wad in the end, i thought it was bunch of obscure bits and files. found a wad online and will try that in a second

edit: ok thanks guys it worked.

few curious questions:
1. what does ios222 do that helps this out?
2. in guides it says NO GC/MEMORY CARDS while installing. what wuld happen if it were still there and why is there a problem?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drcrappants said:
1. what does ios222 do that helps this out?
IOS 222 allows us to load a custom module, which has support for FAT32/NTFS (actually, which supports low level reading by sectors). By design, ios 249 and 222 only supports the WBFS filesystem. When launching a game, the USB Loader transfers the controls to the cIOS. After that, the loader does not exists anymore. The loader is perfectly capable of showing games which are on a FAT32/NTFS partition, but when it transfers control to cIOS 249, you are in trouble. cIOS 249 does not support those filesystems, resulting in a black screen. Therefor, USB Loader GX reloads into cIOS 222 right before starting a game on a FAT32 or NTFS partition. If you don't have cIOS 222, you'll also get a black screen.

QUOTE(drcrappants @ Feb 2 2010, 05:51 AM) 2. in guides it says NO GC/MEMORY CARDS while installing. what wuld happen if it were still there and why is there a problem?
I think it has to do with gecko. I can only suppose that the installer checks for anything in that slot. If it finds anything, it assumes it's a USB Gecko. I've noticed with USB GX that the loader will stop loading if a USB Gecko is inserted, but not connected to a listener. But I'm not sure about this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol