Hacking Switched sd cards now nothing boots anymore

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, following issue. I backed up my whole sd cards contents, formatted my card to fat32 and copied everything back to SD. Software is all there in home menu, but nothing starts. Says corrupted data and everything is slow as fuck, home menu freezes for like five seconds when I do anything.

Games either show corrupted data or they start but then say Software couldn't be started.

I am not using emunand.

Is my SD broken? What could Possibly go wrong when doing that? It's how I always used to switch from smaller to bigger sd

Last edited by wurstpistole,

JasonW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue going from 128gb to 256gb, ridiculous lol. I mean copy paste/ copy paste but everything is broken

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm, following issue. I backed up my whole sd cards contents, formatted my card to fat32 and copied everything back to SD. Software is all there in home menu, but nothing starts. Says corrupted data and everything is slow as fuck, home menu freezes for like five seconds when I do anything.

Games either show corrupted data or they start but then say Software couldn't be started.

I am not using emunand.

Is my SD broken? What could Possibly go wrong when doing that? It's how I always used to switch from smaller to bigger sd
Possibly a fake card (or just faulty), where did you buy it?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I figured it out in the meantime.
I think I phrased it a bit unclear - this is my 400gig sd card that I already used for like two years, it showed file errors everytime I plugged it into Windows card reader and this is why I backed up everything, did a clean low level format and copied everything back. Everything worked before, don't get me wrong here - but I thought this could be a nice maintenance measure. Not the first time I did this, I regularly do it with my camera sd cards as well when they start to slow down.

Well, after restoring the backup nothing worked anymore. Games showed either as corrupted, or when started threw an error has occured back to home menu. Putting a clean atmos with sigpatches on it also didn't help. Not even tinfoil would start. That is not normal - normally copying all the files over to another SD and plugging that in just works as before.

It also took extremely long to copy everything back, even after the low level format. Big files with like 3-4mb/s, whole process taking 20 hours. That is not normal.

Sadly it was not purchased on Amazon, otherwise I would have probably been able to just get a refund.

Long story short I tried my old 200gb microsd that I used before, formatted it, set up Atmos with sigpatches from scratch and it worked right away. Files also copied over way faster. I think the 400gig card just became corrupted over time. While it still works, it probably would have failed at some point.
I will most likely just stay with that 200gig card since once you figure out which games you really need installed all the time, that is more than enough space.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.