1. JBurta

OP JBurta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello,

I was playing BOTW and decided I wanted to take it out of the dock to play handheld, as soon as I did this I got an Atmosphere error with a bunch of error codes(sadly I didnt think to write them down at the time) with options to "Please press the power button normally to reboot the switch or a volume button to reboot to a payload(or RCM if none are present)."

I decided to quickly go ahead and power off the system and try to boot into RCM. Unfortunately I cannot do that and my switch is acting dead, TegraRCM doesn't detect my switch with the jig in and my PC doesn't detect it at all. I have tried holding my power button, volume buttons with and without my SD card for minutes at a time and my switch is showing no signs of life. My battery was completely full when this happened. I replaced my atmosphere files on my SD card(didnt work), and I am now in the process of backing up my SD card files to reformat it but I have a feeling this will not work either. I have searched this forum for the past hour trying to find a solution but have had no luck :( I have a backup but cant do anything with it due to not being able to boot into RCM correct?

Is my switch completely bricked now? Any ideas? Thank you for reading.

Last edited by JBurta, Oct 6, 2020
  2. peepy

peepy Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I had this issue recently due to overclocking. I put it on charge one night and woke up and it would not connect to rcm, also I have a thing that will measure current from the wall and it was pulling zero amps.

nothing worked so I opened it pulled the battery and replugged. It was pulling current from the wall now.
    After a bit more unplugging and repligging it was recognized in rcm and away I went.

I doubt your switch randomly bricked itself probably just an error.

removing a power cutting switch from the battery on all phones and devices is the most annoying thing manufacturers have ever done in my opinion.

also no amount of top button pressing did a damn thing nor the hardware reset combo sometimes pulling the bat is the only way to go.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I had this issue had to pull the battery mine was also pulling 0 amps from the wall

3. JBurta

OP JBurta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply, this gives me hope. I will open it up tomorrow and disconnect/reconnect the battery as you suggested. I will report back!

peepy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - possibly, bricked, Switch