Switch won't charge or turn on after updating firmware?

metalhead15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a hacked gen 1 switch for ages that I boot into CFW using a jig and my phone and have never had any problems. I finally updated my CFW and OFW last night and everything was working fine, although I did start to get this message
LZKcoB2.jpeg
on the few games I downloaded after updating to test things (previously installed games did not pop that error message), but if I hit b to exit the message, the games would load and work fine. Left tinfoil open last night while on the dock so it could download a few things. Fast forward to this morning and everything seems fine. Lego star wars loads ok so I put my switch down on my desk to do some work. I pick it up like an hour later and now I cannot get it to power on or reset at all. Plugging the switch directly into the wall does not result in the power light on the console coming on as it normally would when charging. What the hell happened? Am I fucked?

Last edited by metalhead15,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a hacked gen 1 switch for ages that I boot into CFW using a jig and my phone and have never had any problems. I finally updated my CFW and OFW last night and everything was working fine, although I did start to get this message View attachment 319023 on the few games I downloaded after updating to test things (previously installed games did not pop that error message), but if I hit b to exit the message, the games would load and work fine. Left tinfoil open last night while on the dock so it could download a few things. Fast forward to this morning and everything seems fine. Lego star wars loads ok so I put my switch down on my desk to do some work. I pick it up like an hour later and now I cannot get it to power on or reset at all. Plugging the switch directly into the wall does not result in the power light on the console coming on as it normally would when charging. What the hell happened? Am I fucked?
Here’s a blurb about the error message:

Pretty sure it’s unrelated to your boot issues so let’s get it running first.

Try holding down the power button for 15 seconds and then tapping the power button. Look for small signals of life…LEDs flashing, screen slightly brighter, fan noises…anything at all?

Did you have AutoRCM turned on? Might have to leave it in the charger over night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: