1. Optik_Fusion

OP Optik_Fusion Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Just updated Atmosphere and hekate to the latest version, got it to the hekate bootscreen, then tried launching it CFW (SYSNAND), shows the Kosmos boot screen then goes to a black screen. I tried booting it through fusee-primary, shows the atmosphere boot screen but then goes to the black screen. I have the older atmosphere and hekate files as backup if I have to replace the newer files. Thanks!

2. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
    Did you do a fresh install of atmosphere files? Should delete all folders except "Nintendo" folder, then replace with new files.

1 - Format SD card to FAT32
    2 - Fresh install of Atmosphere files on SD card. - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
    3 - Get and put Correct Sigpatches in "atmosphere" folder - https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
    4 - (optional) Get Tinwoo or Goldleaf and place inside "switch" folder - https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases
    5 - Boot into Hekate menu, select "Payloads", then select "Fusee-Primary"
    Good Luck and Have fun!

Last edited by BigOnYa, Feb 18, 2021
    Optik_Fusion likes this.
  3. Optik_Fusion

OP Optik_Fusion Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I think I'm going to do what you recommended and format my switch as I'm pretty sure I messed up installing the cfw but it still worked. Though, is there no other way to fix this issue without formatting? As I don't want to lose my games, progress and convert to FAT32,

Thanks!

Last edited by Optik_Fusion, Feb 18, 2021
    BigOnYa likes this.
  4. BigOnYa

United States
    You can copy your "Nintendo" folder to pc, format your card to FAT32, then copy your "Nintendo" folder back, and it will save your installed games atleast, and the game saves should be on switch memory. Good Luck! btw it will take awhile to copy that folder to pc and back to sd card, esp if you have a lot games installed.

Last edited by BigOnYa, Feb 18, 2021
    Optik_Fusion likes this.
  5. Optik_Fusion

OP Optik_Fusion Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks, formatting now!

BigOnYa likes this.
  6. Optik_Fusion

OP Optik_Fusion Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I actually have one more question, if I format my sd card, won't I have to redo the switch setup?

7. BigOnYa

United States
    Not sure what you mean...like the initial setup when you first bought it, no that's on switch memory itself, if that's the question.

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Not if you make a backup of everything on your SD card first.

9. Homlet

Homlet GBAtemp Fan

France
    For future reference, there is no need to format your card and lose all your games when a problem so trivial arises. Delete your atmopshere/contents directory and replace it with a clean one, and if it doesn't work delete your atmosphere, sept and bootloader folders and replace them with clean ones. This forum has a strange obsession with recommending nuking everything no matter what the issue is.

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Its mostly because it would take too much time to figure out what files they did or didn't put on their SD card. Its easier and more efficient for noobs especially to start fresh simply because most files can be retrieved apart from the Nintendo folder.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, updating, Switch