Hacking Switch won't boot into rcm mode after installing new firmware update

UzealSmile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was updating my switch to the newupdate yesterday using the All in one switch updater. After the update my switch powered off completely so I tried to boot back into rcm but it won't work. I'm holding down the right buttons but everytime I hit the power button it boots up normally. I keep thinking if it is because I was supposed to update atmosphere first.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated your firmware but didn't update Atmosphere first, then yes, that's most likely your problem.

Go to the GitHub page, download the latest atmosphere version and put the files on your sd card.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

UzealSmile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated your firmware but didn't update Atmosphere first, then yes, that's most likely your problem.

Go to the GitHub page, download the latest atmosphere version and put the files on your sd card.

Just put the new files in and it still didn’t work. I’m holding the volume up button and holding the power button but it still isn’t working

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put the new files in and it still didn’t work. I’m holding the volume up button and holding the power button but it still isn’t working
RCM doesn't go away. If your unit is unpatched it will always stay that way. So you can always get into RCM.

So you'll need to figure out what part in your steps is broken.

Is your jig working? Are the buttons on the switch fully working?

Edit: another thing to consider is your rail on the switch itself. If the rail goes bad it would stop you from entering RCM.

Last edited by hartleyshc,

UzealSmile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM doesn't go away. If your unit is unpatched it will always stay that way. So you can always get into RCM.

So you'll need to figure out what part in your steps is broken.

Is your jig working? Are the buttons on the switch fully working?

Edit: another thing to consider is your rail on the switch itself. If the rail goes bad it would stop you from entering RCM.

Yeah false alarm. I just had to mess with the pins on the jig a little bit. They weren’t holding the pins down

Reactions: hartleyshc

whiscashfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the reviving this thread but im having a similar issue. I did the same thing but my switch is set to autorcm and it still isnt working.

CurlyFries27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar problem, was just playing games and I went ahead and updated it just like the OP said, completely turned off. Once I got it back on, I cannot successfully boot to atmosphere, it shows it for a moment but then just boots to the switch without letting me choose any options. Please help

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
have you got a jig? Try to remove autorcm and reboot in rmc mode the console using the jig...maybe you fix the problem in this way... I could suppose the low battery charge....

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar problem, was just playing games and I went ahead and updated it just like the OP said, completely turned off. Once I got it back on, I cannot successfully boot to atmosphere, it shows it for a moment but then just boots to the switch without letting me choose any options. Please help
Do you have AutoRCM enabled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.