Switch TV(local): Any chance of one coming out?

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

is there any chance of a non portable switch coming out? What would be a realistic price point for that theortically speaking?

maxresdefault.jpg

naed06

Trophies
XP
Country
Theoretically speaking anything could happen

My opinion is that the switches appeal is the ability to be both a portable console and a home console in one, I highly doubt Nintendo would go back to being just a home console… but who knows with Nintendo?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting thought, but with just a few bits and bobs inside the dock the Switch already becomes a home console. IMO that scratches any console itch the consumer m9ght have for such a thing..

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... actually not a bad idea. Afaik there's no touch screen only games on switch, and every game requiring touch screen input in handheld mode can be controlled with controllers in docked mode. At least there won't be compatibility issues like the pstv had. If nintendo could upgrade the tegra soc to some recent models based on ampere architecture that could do 4k, I might as well pick one up.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's... actually not a bad idea. Afaik there's no touch screen only games on switch, and every game requiring touch screen input in handheld mode can be controlled with controllers in docked mode. At least there won't be compatibility issues like the pstv had. If nintendo could upgrade the tegra soc to some recent models based on ampere architecture that could do 4k, I might as well pick one up.
Not played it myself but from what I have seen on the Internet most of Dr Kawashima's Brain Training Switch can only be played with the touch screen.. Of the 24 different puzzles 21 are touch screen only aparently

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not played it myself but from what I have seen on the Internet most of Dr Kawashima's Brain Training Switch can only be played with the touch screen.. Of the 24 different puzzles 21 are touch screen only aparently
Still pretty much all games can be played without using touch screen unlike psvita, in fact some people use the swith always in the dock like a home console.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum