Winnppl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I had a Nintendo switch I was working on that the game card reader was not functioning properly. I cleaned up the connectors and put it back together and everything was working properly as far as I can remember. I gave it back to my customer then he calls me telling me that the game card reader is not working again right after plugging in a set of headphones into the headphone jack. I had a donor switch that i'm not sure if the game card reader was working properly in, but I swapped it out with the the one in his thinking the headphones some how shorted the game card reader he currently had installed into it.

after installing it, the game card reader was now working properly, I tested out a set of headphones and those were now working without loosing connection to the game card, but the middle of the screen's digitizer just was not reading touch, only around the edges and about a inch in was reading touch. He had a broken tempered glass on it but I don't think that's the cause. do you think when the board was short with the headphones it might of fried the digitizer or could it be the donor Game card reader is the problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by Winnppl,

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I had a Nintendo switch I was working on that the game card reader was not functioning properly. I cleaned up the connectors and put it back together and everything was working properly as far as I can remember. I gave it back to my customer then he calls me telling me that the game card reader is not working again right after plugging in a set of headphones into the headphone jack. I had a donor switch that i'm not sure if the game card reader was working properly in, but I swapped it out with the the one in his thinking the headphones some how shorted the game card reader he currently had installed into it.

after installing it, the game card reader was now working properly, I tested out a set of headphones and those were now working without loosing connection to the game card, but the middle of the screen's digitizer just was not reading touch, only around the edges and about a inch in was reading touch. He had a broken tempered glass on it but I don't think that's the cause. do you think when the board was short with the headphones it might of fried the digitizer or could it be the donor Game card reader is the problem?

Thanks!
There are different versions of game card reader. Look here.

Not sure if you can add those components and gain the screen functionality back but I am certain this is your issue as I have had this as well.
89d04dee31ee0637eee0f58a348c400a.jpg
cfbf7b7ab7a9e0882dd9f671ab20313c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Winnppl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are different versions of game card reader. Look here.

Not sure if you can add those components and gain the screen functionality back but I am certain this is your issue as I have had this as well.
89d04dee31ee0637eee0f58a348c400a.jpg
cfbf7b7ab7a9e0882dd9f671ab20313c.jpg

What is the difference between these two boards? just these two chips?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the difference between these two boards? just these two Caps?

Attachments

• ThisOne.jpg
    ThisOne.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 413

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between these two boards? just these two chips?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
As far as I can tell, yes. Fairly certain there are different iterations of digitizer. I have tried moving the caps from one board to another, didn't seem to work.

Reactions: Winnppl

Winnppl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, yes. Fairly certain there are different iterations of digitizer. I have tried moving the caps from one board to another, didn't seem to work.

Thanks for the info, I ordered one of each version of the game card readers, hopefully that fixes it

Ttm3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a run of bad digitizers lately. I thought all my game card readers were going bad till I had one digitizer I knew was working. I tried all my game card readers on that digitizer and almost all of them worked fine and 4 digitizers were giving erratic touch points.

Winnppl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a run of bad digitizers lately. I thought all my game card readers were going bad till I had one digitizer I knew was working. I tried all my game card readers on that digitizer and almost all of them worked fine and 4 digitizers were giving erratic touch points.
Hmm, well hopefully I can get this working :D

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has there been any advancement in this topic? I have a touch screen that was working perfectly fine until I had to change all of the backup files with a different switch. The switch works great but the touch is spotty... In the test menu it doesn't register touch in the middle square but it does around the edges. I seem to think it's software related. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Reactions: Winnppl

Winnppl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any advancement in this topic? I have a touch screen that was working perfectly fine until I had to change all of the backup files with a different switch. The switch works great but the touch is spotty... In the test menu it doesn't register touch in the middle square but it does around the edges. I seem to think it's software related. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
Hi there,

yes the issue with mine was the game card reader was bad. there are two different versions of US game card readers. Yours sounds like software though unless you blew a capacitor on the game card reader ours would probably be different issues. Sorry

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

yes the issue with mine was the game card reader was bad. there are two different versions of US game card readers. Yours sounds like software though unless you blew a capacitor on the game card reader ours would probably be different issues. Sorry

OK thanks. I'll check it out. I have a spare card reader that I'll have a look at... Maybe I'll swap it in. Thanks

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

Looks like I have the same issue as you. I'll need to find a new OEM game card reader. Any ideas where to find one or two?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, they have at least five different touchscreens variations (the system contains five firmwares).

Reactions: White_Raven_X

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same issue. Replaced the digitizer and it only detects touch on the edges of the screen. I've come to understand that there are different versions of the game card reader as well as the digitizer and the digitizer I bought is incompatible with my board.

Looking at Aliexpress it seems like a lot of sellers selling replacement game card boards are saying that if your digitizer has a QR code on the ribbon cable, you should go with the new board, if you have numbers on the ribbon cable you should go with the old board.

In my case the original digitizer had the QR code on it and my replacement digitizer has numbers. And my game card reader is the one "missing" the two components. So as far as I understand I have a newer version of the game card reader as well as a originally a newer version of the digitizer. So I have two questions on the subject:

1. I am unable to find any sellers selling replacement digitizers with the QR code on the ribbon cable. Do they exist?
2. Is it possible to replace my newer versioned game card reader with an old version one?

(Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.