Gaming Switch System Seller being emulated already.

Still happy with purchase knowing the system seller is available free via emulation?

• Total voters

AlexanderLS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people don't have a Wii U or Switch.
CEMU is emulating Zelda Breath of the wild.
The upcoming version that will be released to patreons tomorrow is said to fix the biggest issues with emulation.
Because CEMU is Wii U based, users have a greater number of tools to advantage them, such as this save game editor.

Are those of you who purchased a Switch to play BOTW still satisfied with your purchase knowing this?
On top of having a $450+ game, you don't have the hacking advantages available to wii u/cemu users.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will always be a way to pirate or emulate games but it all comes down to convenience. There's always a downside to emulating anything, and in this case it's portability (and the usage of the awesome joycons)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
CEMU doesn't emulate anything acceptably yet, let alone an open world game like BotW. I wish they would've gone for speed rather than trying to accurately emulate Wii U hardware, because the constant frame drops are not worth dealing with. You'd be much better off buying a used Wii U and hacking it.

AlexanderLS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol theres more games than botw, also emulators arent portable, and some people enjoy having the actual game.
Depends if you count laptops.
My main gaming rig is a gaming laptop so yes, it's portable.
IMO it's as portable as a switch both of which would require a case and get about 2 hours battery life while gaming off battery.

CEMU doesn't emulate anything acceptably yet, let alone an open world game like BotW. I wish they would've gone for speed rather than trying to accurately emulate Wii U hardware, because the constant frame drops are not worth dealing with. You'd be much better off buying a used Wii U and hacking it.
I've been playing BotW on CEMU the last few days, it's been reasonably enjoyable for me.
BotW isn't really my kind of game, so that has been the biggest joy limiting factor for me.
Also, the lack of magnesis/time freeze causes the game to have a lot less possibility.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck enjoying that game on PC, CEMU is only gotten rapid improvement on BOTW because of initial basic tweaks, we'll see when it can maintain 30fps or at least playable.

There's also some critical bugs affecting the progress of story, as of now. Literally you can't finish the game, maybe fiddling the game's physics mechanics and that's it.

Also people buy the Switch for its versalitiy being it a hybrid console, with their preferred title that goes well on portable as well as further supporting the company.

I can't imagine people emulate something whereas there was the main way to play it easily (accessible) and being so proud of it. That was not cool duhh

Well at least you can appreciate the game.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Depends if you count laptops.
IMO it's as portable as a switch both of which would require a case and get about 2 hours battery life while gaming off battery.

I've been playing BotW on CEMU the last few days, it's been reasonably enjoyable for me.
BotW isn't really my kind of game, so that has been the biggest joy limiting factor for me.
Also, the lack of magnesis/time freeze causes the game to have a lot less possibility.

A gaming laptop that's as portable as a Switch? Uh... No?

2 hours battery? I'm averaging 4... So... No?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IMO it's as portable as a switch
Your first statement is correct, but your second statement is false whether it's opinion or not. I've got a relatively small ASUS 2-in-1 tablet/web book, but even that is about 3x the size of Switch with the keyboard attached. I'm sure your gaming laptop is at least a little bigger than that, not to mention must have cost at least 3x the price of Switch, as well.

Last edited by Xzi,

AlexanderLS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your first statement is correct, but your second statement is false whether it's opinion or not. I've got a relatively small ASUS 2-in-1 tablet/web book, but even that is about 3x the size of Switch. I'm sure your laptop is at least a little bigger than that, not to mention must have cost at least 3x the price of Switch, as well.

This is why I explicitly stated IMO, I knew some people may disagree.
IMO when an item designed to be portable requires a separate bag, it falls into a category of rarely leaving home.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IMO when an item designed to be portable requires a separate bag, it falls into a category of rarely leaving home.
I know it's your opinion, but that doesn't make it any less wrong. 3DS XL is the exact same way, generally requires a case, but it's still plenty portable and people still leave home with it all the time.

Great, I just rented a pool of super-computers from the local university.
I hope they can pull emulating the game in a playable state.
A lot of good it would do when CEMU only uses a single core still. :rofl:

Last edited by Xzi,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A lot of good it would do when CEMU only uses a single core still. :rofl:
Dayum!!
Hell, I didn't know about this definition.
I guess I will have to leave my Switch home from now on. No more playing Zelda on the bus :sad:.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Cortador

AlexanderLS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have an oddly loose definition of portable.
My definition of portable is pocketable.
I was going based off the gbatemp definition where anything designed to be portable(such as laptop/switch/3ds) is portable. Every time prior to release when I said switch was too large to be portable people insisted it was portable because you could put it in a bag and play it on they go. I can put my laptop on a bag and play it on the go too.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My definition of portable is pocketable.
I was going based off the gbatemp definition where anything designed to be portable(such as laptop/switch/3ds) is portable. Every time prior to release when I said switch was too large to be portable people insisted it was portable because you could put it in a bag and play it on they go. I can put my laptop on a bag and play it on the go too.
Meh. To me a portable is something you can take with you and use on the go with ease. A laptop doesnt fit that for me. Hard to efficiently use while I'm standing or walking around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...