Switch Suddenly Won't Boot Past Logo When Attempting to Launch CFW

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by finalriches, Sep 13, 2019.

1. 98otiss

98otiss irrelevant folfcoon

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    disable them from hekate/nyx or disable them from kosmos toolbox

2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I'm going to say that you should just cut through the BS and use Kosmos. It downloads everything you need to extract to your FAT32 micro SD card (even if you have the luck of getting EXFAT to work, you're better off just using FAT32 because to save yourself future headaches), along with any programs you want to have as part of your CFW package. Not to mention, those emulator crashes? Kosmos has an error handler that, if you push the volume up button, it reboots the Switch with the CFW you already injected into it, rendering the need to use TegraRCM on Windows or the one on Android unnecessary unless the Switch is powered down completely!

98otiss likes this.
  3. 98otiss

98otiss irrelevant folfcoon

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    i personally use kosmos because it comes with everything (except sigpatches) to get you started, its just a simple drag and drop

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  4. MrJackie

MrJackie Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2019
    Norway
    Hey OP back again after trying some methods what did it for me was the one i thought was just nonesensical. anyways you maybe want to try if you havnt fixed it yet, i let the battery drain waited overnight without charging it until i woke up. Plugged in the charger that came with the Switch i did not charge it in docked mode just plugged it into the Switch, until it was 100% or until i was done with work and got home. started it up (with or without the sdcard your choice i had mine inside) held the Volume + and Volume - Buttons down when the Switch Logo came up and booted into maintenance mode (which i previously was not able to do also make sure autoRCM is off so you can boot into stock version) when in recovery mode if you wanna keep your save data choose "Restore factory settings without deleting save data" let it do its thing your switch should be as it was when you bought it but with the New firmware... backup the stuff you want before this btw cause the SDcard will be formatted if im not mistaken i didnt have anything so idk. But my switch is able to boot normally now Even after turning it off or going into sleep mode hope this works for you OP and best of luck. Do note that you will lose everything (Well mostly except your save data) saved on the switch but then again its a factory reset so ya. Maybe use this as a last resort if you want.

Last edited by MrJackie, Sep 21, 2019
  5. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    Are you using exFAT by chance for the SDCard?

6. MrJackie

MrJackie Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2019
    Norway
    My problem is fixed i was using exFAT but after doing more research after this "incident" i know FAT32 is the more stable one and will stick to that from now on.

Silent_Gunner and stitchxd like this.
  7. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    FYI - Kosmos is just a pre-packaged Atmosphere with some neat patches.

Silent_Gunner and MrJackie like this.
  8. MrJackie

MrJackie Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2019
    Norway
    Oh woops that wasnt a reply to me sorry stitchxd.

stitchxd likes this.
  9. finalriches
    OP

finalriches Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    United States
    Really appreciate you responding. and glad to hear you got things sorted out. I've had my switch dead for the past few days and am currently charging it, so I'm definitely gonna give this a shot in a bit. Thankfully I have all my saves & stuff backed up so it's perfectly fine if I end up loosing everything.

MrJackie and Silent_Gunner like this.
  10. DragoDark

DragoDark Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2012
    Italy
    Did you find any solution? Because I'm in the same situation as you...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted