Misc Switch Sports 'The software was closed because an error occurred'

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the switch sports xci from JITS and every time I run it I get 'The software was closed because an error occurred'.

Ive tried using the 'fixed' atmospere from the JITS discord, uninstalled and reinstalled, installed using the xci in both AWOO and Tinfoil, used Tinfoil to reinstall the NCA, deleted update cache, restarted the switch directly into atmosphere without hekate, used DBI, running the game on a lower HOS firmware, reinstalled SigPatches.

Ive been able to install other nsp's and xci's just fine, just not switch sports.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete atmosphere folder, bootloader folder and switch folder and download and reinstall from the source githubs, repacks cause issues for many users, best to avoid them.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
cool to know, I am on 13.2.1 and going to install Base + Update 1.1.0, so by now will install the base only.

1651285442572.png

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha have no idea switch sports just dropped, thanks.
Just installed on my v1 unpatched switch with 13.2.1 fw with latest atmosphere and sigpatches, everything works just fine. Btw 1.1.0 update actually works on my 13.2.1 emunand. Installed everything through tinfoil.
Not sure why it's not working for op but I can help you rule out fw version.

Reactions: Chaosta

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you booting into cfw? package3 or fusee?
Ive been asked this question before, im not super sure what it means. I always thought you have to boot fusee to get into atmosphere. But to explain exactly I boot into Hekate then into Atmosphere from there since I boot using a trinket m0

Monsterjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the switch sports xci from JITS and every time I run it I get 'The software was closed because an error occurred'.

Ive tried using the 'fixed' atmospere from the JITS discord, uninstalled and reinstalled, installed using the xci in both AWOO and Tinfoil, used Tinfoil to reinstall the NCA, deleted update cache, restarted the switch directly into atmosphere without hekate, used DBI, running the game on a lower HOS firmware, reinstalled SigPatches.

Ive been able to install other nsp's and xci's just fine, just not switch sports.
I have now tried a clean sd card with only atmosphere, hekate, and sig patches. Installed with Awoo, nothing works. Im just giving up on this game.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been asked this question before, im not super sure what it means. I always thought you have to boot fusee to get into atmosphere. But to explain exactly I boot into Hekate then into Atmosphere from there since I boot using a trinket m0
you can boot atmosphere using fusee or package3. typically one boots using package3 using hekate's launch menu. can ofc configure all that in your hekate_ipl in bootloader folder. but the reason I ask is because if were booting using package3 then you need to add a line to your hekate_ipl for the sigpatches to work correctly, but if you are using fusee, and already did sigpatches then nvm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DEMONGreninjaPG @ DEMONGreninjaPG: why guns