Homebrew Question Switch shuts off in handheld mode due to low battery at 75% charge?

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why this is happening. I haven't turned the Switch on for a while, I've never had battery problems before. I shut it off as I did all the time before this problem started today. The weird thing is when I press the power button, it boots back into the official firmware, not RCM mode. It's like the switch just went to sleep.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why this is happening. I haven't turned the Switch on for a while, I've never had battery problems before. I shut it off as I did all the time before this problem started today. The weird thing is when I press the power button, it boots back into the official firmware, not RCM mode. It's like the switch just went to sleep.

Load up Hekate 5.0.2 and let it automatically recalibrate your battery, and take a look at the maximum capacity it give you , if it is too low, try to fully power it off and reseat your battery and reload Hekate 5.0.2.

Reactions: x65943

kylez64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you fixed this yet but I had the same exact problem. Left my switch off for a few months and tried turning it on only for it to die at 80%. I tried doing charge cycles and using the battery desync fix to no avail. I had to open the switch and unplug the battery. Once disconnected I held the power button for 20 seconds then hooked it all back up. Worked after that and the battery was reading correctly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by kylez64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: