Hacking Question Switch SD card Greyed out; SX Os boots but no SD access?

Everlasting1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I'll be looking for a cellphone store that can do the enamel wire fix that CTCaer suggested to fix the DAT2. I am just hoping the no new pins get pulled. Is it really bad if I just ask to make a jumper from the reader to the test pin?

With regards to the back of the board, are people expected to make a long jumper for those pins?

If the front test points are gone, then yeah you need to make a Jumper from the back. It would need to be longer. But your front test points should work fine. It might be the case that you need to run a jumper from the dat2 pin on the daughter board to the dat2 test pin on the motherboard, Shouldn't be overly complicated.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If the front test points are gone, then yeah you need to make a Jumper from the back. It would need to be longer. But your front test points should work fine. It might be the case that you need to run a jumper from the dat2 pin on the daughter board to the dat2 test pin on the motherboard, Shouldn't be overly complicated.

Ah ok. That would be the worst case if I can't find someone to make the pin replacement via enamel wire. Although CTCaer was saying not to use a jumper to fix 1 pin something about signal timing/integrity.

Everlasting1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. That would be the worst case if I can't find someone to make the pin replacement via enamel wire. Although CTCaer was saying not to use a jumper to fix 1 pin something about signal timing/integrity.

I typically just change the actual connector. Since it's not a common stocked up part, the best thing to do is run the jumper wire. After that's done, then should be slightly glued, not much just to hold it firmly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up