Hardware Switch says "Unable to Charge" when plugged into pc but can charge when connected to dock

VitoScaletta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently Updated my switch firmware to 14.1.2, everything was working fine except it sometimes it would say game card could not be read. anyways I turned off my switch to add files to the SD Card and when i plugged my switch back in it said "the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned". and if i boot it up it says "unable to charge". in device manager it says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". I have tried everything, restarting my computer, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, restarting and uninstalling, two different cables, two different computers ( one computer and one laptop). nothing works it just keeps saying the same thing each time. it charges fine and outputs when plugged into a dock. any help would be appreciated because I have ran out of ideas and I cant use CFW until this is fixed, thanks for any help.

Last edited by VitoScaletta,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    FAST6191 @ FAST6191: It was a noted problem even in the shift to HD according to various purveyors of such films