Switch profile deleted and unable to recover games

Nickybear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help? My son's Switch went off for repair and they were unable to do so, so sent a replacement console. We have logged back into the device but his user profile isn't there and all of his games have gone. I have logged in on a PC and I can't find them either. I have tried linking the profile on the Switch with my email but it won't let me saying the account is already in use. Any advice would be appreciated

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Please can someone help? My son's Switch went off for repair and they were unable to do so, so sent a replacement console. We have logged back into the device but his user profile isn't there and all of his games have gone. I have logged in on a PC and I can't find them either. I have tried linking the profile on the Switch with my email but it won't let me saying the account is already in use. Any advice would be appreciated

Isn't there a way of deactivating the original switch system by logging in on nintendos website?

I know this can be done on other systems like the xbox / ps4.

If not giving nintendo a call would probably be another option and see what they say

Nickybear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't there a way of deactivating the original switch system by logging in on nintendos website?

I know this can be done on other systems like the xbox / ps4.

If not giving nintendo a call would probably be another option and see what they say
I have phoned Nintendo and they have told me to fill out a form. Do you know how to deactivate the original Switch? I have no idea. Thanks

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have phoned Nintendo and they have told me to fill out a form. Do you know how to deactivate the original Switch? I have no idea. Thanks
If you haven't got the switch then i don't think there is a way of deactivating it. Mines modded so i don't have to deal with anything like that. Do the form and see where that goes 👍

Found this

Using a web browser,
Sign in to the Nintendo Account you wish to deactivate.
Select “Shop Menu.”
Select “Deregister Primary Console.”
Enter your Nintendo Account password.
Select “Deregister” twice to confirm.
The next time you connect to the Nintendo eShop from a Nintendo Switch console, the console you use to connect will automatically be set as your primary console.

You can only do this once a year apparently
Visit this site https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Last edited by CloudStrife1901,

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should ask that question to Nintendo when you talk to them; it's probably associated with the serial number.
BTW, this is the reason why I always buy the physical copy of the games, when I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey