ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,
I was looking into a Nintendo switch (I have the money) and was about to buy one when my dad told me I should wait for the price to drop. I'm pretty sure the price won't drop more then $50 during the holidays but my dad said he though we would see drops of upon to $100. I don't think that's gonna happen. But anyway I was wondering if anyone had any educated guesses on when its price will drop. If it soon (less then a year) then guess I'll wait. But if it won't be for a while I'll just get it now. Thanks!

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think we'll see discounts for a long time. This better be a cheap ploy for him to get you one for your birthday/Christmas.

D

Deleted User

They're so expensive in Australia. I really don't think I'll be able to buy a Switch until they drop in price.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I don't think a price drop will happen any time soon. The Wii U got a price drop ~1 year after its release, mostly because of its (very) poor sales. The Switch is selling like hotcakes, and hasn't even been out for 3 months. There is no reason for Nintendo to lower the price right now.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Likely during Christmas or around 2018.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think a price drop will happen any time soon. The Wii U got a price drop ~1 year after its release, mostly because of its (very) poor sales. The Switch is selling like hotcakes, and hasn't even been out for 3 months. There is no reason for Nintendo to lower the price right now.
The WiiU sold like shit and it's still overpriced right now.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not expecting any drops this year for the unit itself, but some of the digital games may get a holiday discount... additionally, maybe some bundle will grant you some discount on either hardware, a game or a digital game.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't they barely making a profit on the Switch now? Until they can bring down the production cost of the Switch, we don't that happening until then.

kiais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't they barely making a profit on the Switch now? Until they can bring down the production cost of the Switch, we don't that happening until then.

Oh they are deff making a profit, they're vague about production for a reason. The whole console probably costs 50$ to manufacture. Don't care hd rumble, or whatever seems to drive out the seemingly priced expenses. Nintendo has deals with various companies but if you want to buy a these individual pieces of hardware it will be at a 1000% percent markup.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh they are deff making a profit, they're vague about production for a reason. The whole console probably costs 50$ to manufacture. Don't care hd rumble, or whatever seems to drive out the seemingly priced expenses. Nintendo has deals with various companies but if you want to buy a these individual pieces of hardware it will be at a 1000% percent markup.
Bull, it's been confirmed they are making it at about 257 bucks. They are literally making less then 50 bucks per sale
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...-the-nintendo-switch-cost-to-make-its-257.htm

kiais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not a confirmation, that's an estimate on the (MSRP) market price for the hardware. Nintendo obviously get's them cheaper. 50$ may be exaggerating but it's no more than 100$.

Last edited by kiais,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, no. The unit prices are already based off the assumption that you're going to buy a fuckton of them. A 75% discount is incredibly unrealistic.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe it will drop its price when Christmas comes , since its the time where many people buy things or when Summer Break comes.
That or if it there hundreds of Switch collecting dust on the stores.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b