Switch OS 4.1.0 with ExFAT card, what's my best option

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by gb12, Oct 15, 2018.

1. gb12
    OP

gb12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    I just bought a switch a few days ago and got a SX OS dongle. When I booted into the custom firmware, it told me I needed to update my OS to a newer version in order to read the disk format. I've search on here and have found several options, but I'd like to know what the most recommended solution is. I'm currently using a 128gb card formatted as ExFAT. From what I've read, my options are:

1. Upgrade to the most recent OS, 6.0.1 which is still compatible with SX OS from what I've read.
    2. Use a custom method to load the ExFAT driver so it will be able to read the sd card.
    3. Reformat the card to be FAT32, split any game files larger than 4gb into pieces and sequentailly give the extension .xc0, .xc1, etc
    4. Use EmuNAND and load a newer "soft" firmware without actually upgrading the current switch firmware.

Are there any options I've missed? Which one is recommended? I don't plan on doing any online play, but I might in the future so I'd like to avoid getting banned.

2. mesakagi

mesakagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    Best option in my opinion is get exfat driver through firmware update via choi method so you don't burn your fuses and you can downgrade later on.

I used this guide its real easy and simple to follow:

You should back up your nand firstly though

3. gabru

gabru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    Spain
    I have SXOS and just did Emunand and updated emunand offline. 0 problems.

EDIT: My sysNand is on 4.1.0 btw, waiting for the coldboot.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think you might as well use emuNAND, so that you're ready for the warmboot exploit in the future.

5. Ilie11

Ilie11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can i message you re the above please?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    BTW, you really should abandon exfat if you want to use hombrews and cheat function.
    Stay at fat32.

7. gb12
    OP

gb12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United States
    Thanks, reformatting fat32 seemed the fastest and easiest. The only drawback I saw was having to split files over 4g, which is extremely easy.

8. gabru

gabru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    Spain
    DontD like autorcm.