Gaming Switch Online REMOVES OFFLINE FEATURES FROM SOME GAMES!

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i didnt like pretty much anything related to nintendo's paid service before but now after discovering this i am absolutely livid. i went to play some doom just against some bots like i do on a regular basis ( an offline feature that before didnt require an internet connection) only to discover that upon selecting the multiplayer option in the game you are blocked from doing so without nintendos service. This seems CRIMINAL and should be brought to nintendos attention immediately. im not even so much pissed that i now have to PAY for an offline feature that i have been enjoying and was very much an included feature in a game that i already paid for. i am mostly angry that i can no longer play local multiplayer or solo cue against bots anymore without a goddam internet connection. i swear that i am not just bringing this up to complain, this is something that i spend alot of time doing during my downtime at college while on campus and now i cant do it anymore! >:( i havent noticed an issue like this in other games but i also havent really been looking so i assume that there are more examples of this utter bullshit. Please start sharing this issue so that it hopefully gets resolved.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried to contact them regarding the issue?

I understand your frustration but having a vent here of all places isnt going to achieve much! Any difference if you kill the wifi connection?

Reactions: ZoneBlaze

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to contact them regarding the issue?

I understand your frustration but having a vent here of all places isnt going to achieve much! Any difference if you kill the wifi connection?
i tried disconnecting the wifi and it didnt help. also who do i contact? Nintendo or Bethesda? i highly doubt they would fix the issue just because i asked them to. the only way to get stuff like this fixed is to get people talking about it and i figured this was the best way to do it. this is actually a pretty huge issue, they had no right to do this.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably try contacting Bethesda.

Hate to say it, but this would be because of Bethesda's/Panic Button's coding. Not Nintendo's.

The code obviously searches for online functions even if you're just playing bots. So that's defiantly in Bethesda's/Panic Button's court. So I would suggest contacting them.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get on Twitter, that's way today's problems are fixed it seems. Keep @-ing them and try and get others with big follower counts to retweet your messages then you go down to Washington something something the system works.

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be the firmware 6 update but the game's update (not really Nintendo per se). If you are running CFW (and if you are shouldn't be online at all) you could probably uninstall the game update and then edit the NAND to tell it that it never had the update installed and then you might be able to install the previous update instead. That's a bit of a "maybe" and over my head on exactly how you would do that but it is possible (though the previous update may still refuse to run on 6).

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you could probably uninstall the game update and then edit the NAND to tell it that it never had the update installed and then you might be able to install the previous update instead.

Is there another way to do this on 6.0, now that devmenu (with its "Reset Required Version" ability) is no longer working?

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there another way to do this on 6.0, now that devmenu (with its "Reset Required Version" ability) is no longer working?

Yea that's the problem w/ 6. Devmenu had that option but now we don't so have to do it manually. I have no idea where that old version log (or file) in the NAND is.

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just an update on what i have tried. i have tried messaging panic button regarding the issue and they did see the message but chose to ignore me at least for the time being. i posted a thread just now on bethesda's nintendo switch support form and am still waiting for some form of feedback. and also out of desperation i e-mailed Reviewtechusa to see if Rich would pick up the story, i doubt that it will even be read but i figured it was worth a shot. to respond to all the people assuming that i have a hacked switch, i do not. i would like to but i am still waiting to see how everything pans out in the modding community before i jeopardize my console/account in any way.

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it seems you can't use bots in the ps4 version either

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/819505-doom/74689339

that seems like an old post with no fix as of yet so i wouldn't hold my breath

and this one is 2 years old. so yeap, they won't fix this.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/22963/we-need-bots-offline

edit:

and this pretty much seals it

"bots require online. Since MP server runs in the cloud, that's to be expected. Other advantages running bots server-side: 1. uses less CPU on the client, 2. Bot code can be updated independently of the client."

Last edited by nando,
Reactions: Xzi

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poor planning on the dev's part (play bots offline? but isn't everyone online? just make it online even if solo! that's the ticket!)

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?!? is there anybody else who can confirm that before the patch you couldnt do offline practice mode? im certain that you could at least in the switch version.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To solve this I have tested this basically the day DOOM for Switch came out:

To play "Practice Mode" requires you to be online. Again, this was way before the paid service and has always been there since the launch of DOOM.
Pressing "Multiplayer" connects to the internet. And THEN you press Practice. Not the other way around. This is not Nintendo's decision but Bethesda's and it was a very bad one at that. Meaning if you are not home and connected to the internet, then not only will you be restricted from playing multiplayer (Even if it's just locally. -_-) but also restricted from the bots and "Practice Mode" since that requires online.
Nintendo just made it that you pay for online features. If a COMPLETELY SINGLEPLAYER GAME decided to have a wall you need to pass which is connecting to the internet, this does NOT mean it's an offline game since it is single player. It is still online since it requires to connect to the internet at least once and this is before the game even turns on. Nintendo just made it not auto-connect unless you pay. Single-player game or not.
99% chance Bethesda will never update their game and put practice mode NEXT to Multiplayer, not within.

Reactions: ZoneBlaze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DBZ 90% filler lol