Hacking Switch not booting after update 10.2.0. Help please!

nuruhuine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I updated my Switch Firmware from 10.1.0 to 10.2.0, and it won't boot up.
I'm using SXOS 2.95. I used Choixdujour for the update, i chose the 10.2.0 exFAT option during the install, like i did for the 10.1.0 update and for the updates before.
I'm using the SXOS dongle and that little thing that you slide in place of the right Joycon. It boots up to the SXOS menu where you have the option to go with the CFW or the OFW. I 'click' CFW of course, but then all i get is a black screen. In fact, it seems to turn off the console. I can still boot in OFW mode, but then i don't have access to my homebrews.
I searched over the net to find a solution, and one guy was recommending to delete the 'sxos' folder in that case and copy paste a fresh 'boot.dat', which i did, but it didn't work.

I know my console isn't bricked, since i can still boot on my OFW. However, what i'd like to know is how to fix this problem. Is it located on my micro SD card, and if so do i have to format it and reinstall everything from scratch? What went wrong with the install? So far i used Choixdujour at least 4 or 5 times and i've never had an issue? How can i recover?

Thx!

EDIT: Actually i needed to update my SXOS to 3.0.5. This is the reason why it wouldn't boot up.
So yeah, any of you out there, if you want to install the OFW v10.2.0, you also need to have the v3.0.5 if you're using SXOS.

Last edited by nuruhuine,
Reactions: Zangetsu0161

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,
I updated my Switch Firmware from 10.1.0 to 10.2.0, and it won't boot up.
I'm using SXOS 2.95. I used Choixdujour for the update, i chose the 10.2.0 exFAT option during the install, like i did for the 10.1.0 update and for the updates before.
I'm using the SXOS dongle and that little thing that you slide in place of the right Joycon. It boots up to the SXOS menu where you have the option to go with the CFW or the OFW. I 'click' CFW of course, but then all i get is a black screen. In fact, it seems to turn off the console. I can still boot in OFW mode, but then i don't have access to my homebrews.
I searched over the net to find a solution, and one guy was recommending to delete the 'sxos' folder in that case and copy paste a fresh 'boot.dat', which i did, but it didn't work.

I know my console isn't bricked, since i can still boot on my OFW. However, what i'd like to know is how to fix this problem. Is it located on my micro SD card, and if so do i have to format it and reinstall everything from scratch? What went wrong with the install? So far i used Choixdujour at least 4 or 5 times and i've never had an issue? How can i recover?

Thx!

EDIT: Actually i needed to update my SXOS to 3.0.5. This is the reason why it wouldn't boot up.
So yeah, any of you out there, if you want to install the OFW v10.2.0, you also need to have the v3.0.5 if you're using SXOS.
Obviously you should always update SX OS when you update your firmware.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg