Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

KaguneDoneRight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha! That’s it!

We want to turn off 90DNS on Sysnand. (Leave it on for Emunand if you’d like…no harm in double bagging)
How strange!
I turned off 90dns earlier just to see what would happen and it didn't do anything.
But this time it worked!
Thank you so much for walking me through everything!
I wish nothing but the best for you!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How strange!
I turned off 90dns earlier just to see what would happen and it didn't do anything.
But this time it worked!
Thank you so much for walking me through everything!
I wish nothing but the best for you!

Awesome!

I feel like I just won the world championships of the 20 Questions game!
(Is it a mineral?)

We had dns:mitm on when you last tried that. They both do the same thing but in slightly different ways…that’s what I meant by “double bagging”.

You bet man! Enjoy!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it at all possible to port some flash / PC games to the Nintendo Switch? I don't know jack about that so, that question goes for the great users out there who can do an awesome lot of things with coding and whatnot.

The two I always have in my mind are WCW Feel the Bang! and Megaman vs Metroid. Those games are marvelous!!!
Many Ninty games started out as Flash games.

There’s even a list!
https://flashportal.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Switch_Games_that_started_as_Flash_Games

That said, I’m kinda like this guy:

It would be a bit of work since the browser on switch can barely do HTTPS! ;-)

I think your best bet would be Android or L4T (Linux4Tegra) over at https://switchroot.org/

WCW Feel the Bang! was ported to N64, no? we don’t link to Piracy here but it might scratch your itch.

You can use CaVE to inject it into N64Online…here is the specific guide for CaVE/N64 on Atmosphere

http://darkakuma.z-net.us/p/cave-setup-guide.html?console=n64&cfw=ams

…sadly I didn’t find anything for Megaman vs Metroid

Reactions: nWo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small correction, I actually didn't have dns mitm when I tried it since I didn't re-add it after accidentally erasing everything on my SD card earlier.
No. You’re not stealing my sunshine! I won’t let you! LOL

If that’s not the case then I honestly don’t know what blocked you before.
Cue the X-files Music

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I have only found it on windows! If by any chance you find it on a hacked rom, please let me know via DM. Thank you man, for your great response.
Ahhhhh. I get it now. On a couple levels (including your nick here on GBATemp ;-)

There was an N64 game, WCW, and they added the texture packs and rosters as the No Mercy Mod and it requires an emulator running on a PC. Having read DarkAkuma ’s CaVE thread (and seeing you’ve already been down the path) it wouldn’t just work out of the box.

This link is the final nail in the coffin: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6186

Bottom Line: this seems like a lot of work to sort out. :-(

• Sad
Reactions: nWo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fero74

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your answer.

Is there any opportunity to run the microsoft game pass on the switch? For example with the internet browser?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer.

Is there any opportunity to run the microsoft game pass on the switch? For example with the internet browser?
The best we have is BrowserNX which launches the meager secret web browser built in to the Switch. The built in browser is a bare bones out of date abomination that I wouldn’t use to read my Gmail.

Android has a client as demonstrated here but I imagine that was the purpose of your first question, so…

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all switch hackable now or do I javelin to make sure to only buy a specific serial number?
All switches are hackable.
The question is...are they patched.

Only V1 (unpatched) switches are hackable via RCM. You find these via serial number.

All other switches (patched) require you to solder a Mod Chip. Serial number doesn’t matter.

Picalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All switches are hackable.
The question is...are they patched.

Only V1 (unpatched) switches are hackable via RCM. You find these via serial number.

All other switches (patched) require you to solder a Mod Chip. Serial number doesn’t matter.
Thank you for the information.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the following on my SD card set up for emuMMC:

Partion (I)
1653579484706.png

Wondering what is the file structure for the emuMMC/sysNAND? i.e. what goes where when installing games, where are save files?

emuMMC folder is 55GB.
Nintendo folder is 22MB

Partition (J)
Not readable..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the following on my SD card set up for emuMMC:

Partion (I)
View attachment 311505
Wondering what is the file structure for the emuMMC/sysNAND? i.e. what goes where when installing games, where are save files?

emuMMC folder is 55GB.
Nintendo folder is 22MB

Partition (J)
Not readable..
You didn't mention it but I'm going to assume you are using partition-based emuMMC since you mentioned having 2 partitions. To start off, let's talk about your Nintendo folder for emuMMC. Within your emuMMC folder, there is an emummc.ini file which indicates what Nintendo folder to use for emuMMC. Based on your info, it seems that your Nintendo folder for emuMMC is inside that folder. Just like the Nintendo folder for sysMMC, the Nintendo folder is where all content installed to the SD card is stored. That only leaves save files which are located within the console's internal memory. In the case of partition-based emuMMC, that would be the partition itself; therefore, your save files are technically stored in the partition you made in order to use emuMMC. All other files and folders such as homebrew files are read from the same place as sysMMC.

• Love
Reactions: 877

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don’t believe you can write back but it’s worth a try. Checkpoint or JKSV will be able to import saves once you‘re able to boot CFW. If you have the disk space on your PC you can back up your emunand and your FAT partition…just in case (but to be honest it[s not working as is and we really don’t want to reintroduce the old stuff afterwards anyway.) I just took a look at that guide and that looks like a good place to start BUT you might want to check you card with h2testw Just to make 100% sure there’s nothing wrong with it.
Just wanted to say thank you for the help and advice - I pulled the saves from my USER folder via NxNandManager, used this script to organize the saves, then cross-referenced the title IDs via Google to identify the games. I had 67 saves on there - glad to still have them.

I formatted the card as FAT32 with Rufus and setup a fresh emuNAND with Hekate and Atmosphere. Now using Checkpoint to create a save file for each game, then overwriting those with the ones extracted from NxNandManager. Everything seems to be running fine so far.

I also checked the card with h2testw and it came up clean - so still not sure what caused the corruption but happy to be back up. Thanks again :yay:

• Love

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thank you for the help and advice - I pulled the saves from my USER folder via NxNandManager, used this script to organize the saves, then cross-referenced the title IDs via Google to identify the games. I had 67 saves on there - glad to still have them.

I formatted the card as FAT32 with Rufus and setup a fresh emuNAND with Hekate and Atmosphere. Now using Checkpoint to create a save file for each game, then overwriting those with the ones extracted from NxNandManager. Everything seems to be running fine so far.

I also checked the card with h2testw and it came up clean - so still not sure what caused the corruption but happy to be back up. Thanks again :yay:
Good to hear!
Sucks we had to get so dramatic as a reformat but you made it! (and picked up some technique and knowledge along the way.) Thanks for sharing the script location. I didn’t know that existed.

Nice work and enjoy your Switch, man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night