Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine i

mine is a hacked switch
You still can delete all saved data from the OS menus! Or you mean to access the console directory structure via PC (USB) to manually delete from there?
Bingo!

There are no hack tools needed for this…the stock tools do what you are asking without issues.

Reactions: HelloShitty

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to install arcade games on Retroarch from mame? I’m trying to play the simpsons arcade game but when I go to retroarch downloads it says there’s no files

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know why Tinfoil doesnt install anything for me? When I install it stays at 0mb
Many of the shops are down due to the way Google changed the previously unlimited .edu storage accounts. Try different shops. There are a few still up.

When I’m in the mood for sinning I think about tits. You can get tits pro for as little as $5 if you look at their discord.

Does anyone know how to install arcade games on Retroarch from mame? I’m trying to play the simpsons arcade game but when I go to retroarch downloads it says there’s no files

setup is dead easy. I‘m sure you’ve gotten this far but just to be sure:
https://www.cfwaifu.com/retroarch-switch/

The trick with Mame is to first download a core and THEN go find the roms for that core. There are different rom sets for each. You can’t mix and match.
https://technology.purplepedia.com/emulators/what-is-the-best-mame-core-for-retroarch/
https://forums.libretro.com/t/step-by-step-guide-on-setting-up-mame-on-retroarch/6070

Hope that helps…

So a duck walked up to a lemonade stand and he said to the man running the stand “hey, got any MAME?”*
*to be clear the duck duck actually asked Arcade machines (“MAME”) Emulator Switch NSP?

Last edited by binkinator,

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, its me again.

I re-downloaded and reinstalled Octopath Traveler, and now I'm getting this error message when I try to load it:

"Unable to start software.
Return to the HOME menu and try again."

Any idea what I could have done wrong? When I put the new atmosphere files in the SD card I didn't delete everything that was in there (because I wanted to keep some apps like Tinwoo, mainly). Could that have caused it?

Attachments

• 20220516_073842.jpg
    20220516_073842.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, its me again.

I re-downloaded and reinstalled Octopath Traveler, and now I'm getting this error message when I try to load it:

"Unable to start software.
Return to the HOME menu and try again."

Any idea what I could have done wrong? When I put the new atmosphere files in the SD card I didn't delete everything that was in there (because I wanted to keep some apps like Tinwoo, mainly). Could that have caused it?
Tinwoo is stored in /switch along with the rest of the .nro homebrew. Not going to impact Tinwoo in any way.

Yup…Kruft in your old directories can cause this. When a guide says remove the /atmosphere/contents and /bootloader directories, you can simply rename them to /atmosphere/contents.bk and /bootloader.bk respectively. This ensures you can boot to a known good state. Then you can start moving items back and rebooting to test everything still works. Move things in small batches in case there is a module or something that breaks things. That way you can easily back it out and only have a few things to research for a fix.

In your case I would suspect that your Sigpatches are funky:

Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

or

Maybeeee your fusee.bin doesn’t match? (really reaching on this one)

Make sure you download the fusee.bin from the same repot and release where you got your atmosphere.

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love
Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinwoo is stored in /switch along with the rest of the .nro homebrew. Not going to impact Tinwoo in any way.

Yup…Kraft in your old directories can cause this. When a guide says remove the /atmosphere/contents and /bootloader directories, you can simply rename them to /atmosphere/contents.bk and /bootloader.bk respectively. This ensures you can boot to a known good state. Then you can start moving items back and rebooting to test everything still works. Move things in small batches in case there is a module or something that breaks things. That way you can easily back it out and only have a few things to research for a fix.

In your case I would suspect that your Sigpatches are funky:

Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

or

Maybeeee your fusee.bin doesn’t match? (really reaching on this one)

Make sure you download the fusee.bin from the same repot and release where you got your atmosphere.

Yep, it was the sigpatches.

I downloaded the ITotalJustice ones and replaced the old ones with them. Ocotopatht Traveler is now working, and my saved games are all there. Thank you so much - you deserve an award or something for helping so many people out in this message board.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it was the sigpatches.

I downloaded the ITotalJustice ones and replaced the old ones with them. Ocotopatht Traveler is now working, and my saved games are all there. Thank you so much - you deserve an award or something for helping so many people out in this message board.

Glad you’re sorted!

@Draxzelex (and others) has been helping folks for way longer than I have. If awards are gonna be passed out there’s much more deserving peeps than me.

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to extract profile including savegames from an emunand and move the profile and savegames to a new console?

emunand and prodkeys from the console are stored on a windows pc.

k28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to extract profile including savegames from an emunand and move the profile and savegames to a new console?

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(i was being polite. You did* restore to files.) :)

You could redo the restore again and select Atmosphere Partition on SDCard this time if you’d like.

good idea!

You can boot into Hekate and share UMS over USB cable and attach it to your PC where you can then use Emutool to restore it from backup the exact same way we did your sd card. Just different target. :-)

from the NXNandManager README.md

sysNAND or emuNAND (via Hekate)​

1. Launch Hekate/Nyx (v5.2+) on your Nintendo Switch. Navigate to Tools > USB Tools
  2. Either select "eMMC RAW GPP" (sysNand) or "emu RAW GPP" (emuNAND) to mount your NAND on your computer (you can mount BOOT0/BOOT1 separately). Set "Read-Only" to OFF if you want to perform restore operations.
  3. Open NxNandManager then open new drive (CTRL + D).
  4. Select the mounted drive. You can now perform backup/restore operations.

*…it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.
UPDATE: i spent most of the weekend afk and this morning i was going to start up the Switch Lite and work on restoring the sysnand. now i cant even get the thing to do anything. my chip flashes red/blue for a while then shuts off. i dont get a green light on it any more?? any ideas?

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
UPDATE: i spent most of the weekend afk and this morning i was going to start up the Switch Lite and work on restoring the sysnand. now i cant even get the thing to do anything. my chip flashes red/blue for a while then shuts off. i dont get a green light on it any more?? any ideas?
Maybe some of the joint got loose? Generally that means DAT0 issue, iirc!

Reactions: binkinator

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If for whatever reason your CFW escapes the confines of being blocked from looking up Ninty Servers (by DNS:mitm or 90DNS) and shares it’s real Serial number (due to lack of exosphere.ini or incognito_rcm) l Even for a few seconds, it will run and tell Ninty (via telemetry logs) all the dirty things you’ve been doing with her in your bedroom and your Switch will be flagged for a ban.
Are you referring to changing the primary and secondary DNS addresses on the CFW side to block the Nintendo servers?

Am i doing something wrong, i have connected to my router and then gone straight into the connection settings and changed them the 3 times ive set up CFW, my CFW was exposed to the default DNS addresses for a few seconds each time.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you referring to changing the primary and secondary DNS addresses on the CFW side to block the Nintendo servers?

Am i doing something wrong, i have connected to my router and then gone straight into the connection settings and changed them the 3 times ive set up CFW, my CFW was exposed to the default DNS addresses for a few seconds each time.
If you have set up dns:mitm it will prevent you from looking up Ninty server’s DNS. If you have exosphere.ini set up your blank Prodinfo will prevent you from connecting. If you have Incognito set up it will do the same. So all three of those have to be missing for you to log to Ninty. If that ends up being the case…Jesus wanted you to be banned and I can’t do anything to stop him. ;)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can extract the game saves and import them to another account on another hacked Switch’s emunand. NXNandManager can pull game saves off the emunand in your PC.

su333

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi guys i had a bit of a problem, after i updated my atmosphere and my emummc firmware games stop working everything was 0mb.. so i tried reinitializing my switch.
Here's the problem started, my CFW can't detect my sd card but it's detected on stock FW, also folder emuMMC shows up on my switch sd card.
Are there any ways to fix this?
thx

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I have owned a original firmware switch lite for the better part of a year and I am about to buy an atmosphere hacked regular switch today.

I was wondering if it is possible/safe to play online with it as it was with 3ds or if I’ll most likely end up banned

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have owned a original firmware switch lite for the better part of a year and I am about to buy an atmosphere hacked regular switch today.

I was wondering if it is possible/safe to play online with it as it was with 3ds or if I’ll most likely end up banned

Need a clean NAND to play online.

Reactions: binkinator

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have set up dns:mitm it will prevent you from looking up Ninty server’s DNS. If you have exosphere.ini set up your blank Prodinfo will prevent you from connecting. If you have Incognito set up it will do the same. So all three of those have to be missing for you to log to Ninty. If that ends up being the case…Jesus wanted you to be banned and I can’t do anything to stop him. ;)
All i have done is change the Primary DNS to 163.172.141.219 and the secondary DNS to 207.246.121.77 in connection settings, should i be doing more then?

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I knew the answer to this before but want to confirm it...
There are some small KB or few MB in size files called 'DLC unlockers' that supposedly upon installing gives you access to the DLC that they are meant to unlock which I assume is because the DLC content is already integrated in the base game or in a regular game update file. Although there are some DLC files that can get up to a few GB in size that are still called 'unlockers' let's disregard those for now.

My question is that considering that DLCs can also be updated like regular game updates that have different versions (v65536, v131072 and so on), will I need to install new file versions of DLC unlockers every time for the DLCs that are already unlocked despite like was said some of them are just used to unlock the content that is already bundle with the base game or in the regular game update file... so when I update my base game and having used the v0 of the DLC unlocker before can I assume that it already marked somewhere that I own the DLC and it will automatically update the DLC to the latest version as well or do I need to unlock it again with a new unlocker file specifically made to access any changes that were introduced on the newer release version of the DLC?

Note: I'm talking about the same DLC with the same TitleID that many people don't know that can also receive updates to newer versions just like the main game receives updates, and not different DLCs with different IDs for the same game that gives you different content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...