Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think I'm in big trouble. I just now accidentally updated the firmware in my switch, and now it just shows a black screen with the words:

"A fatal error occurred running fusee.
Unable to identify package1!

Press POWER to reboot."

Am I screwed here? What can I do to get my Switch back up and running again?

Attachments

• 20220515_180052.jpg
    20220515_180052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I think I'm in big trouble. I just now accidentally updated the firmware in my switch, and now it just shows a black screen with the words:

"A fatal error occurred running fusee.
Unable to identify package1!

Press POWER to reboot."

Am I screwed here? What can I do to get my Switch back up and running again?
No worries at all. Do this: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

e: while you’re at it, do this too: https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you not a switch pirate yourself ? I use the guide from switch hacking reddit
Who me? Naw. Was getting ready to go to church when I saw your message. Go to the other subreddit. Their bot has a faq that might help people like you find salvation.

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update games that I own and still not get banned on Emmumc? When I play let’s go pikachu it says i need an update. I have ignotico , so it’s fine right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if you can play online smash bros with a pirated challengers
you sure can…but only for a little while. Once Ninty bans your switch from accessing Online Services then you won’t be able to. You can read about ban risks here:

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

Be safe out there, my friend.

After taking my own advice I searched through the ban hub and didn’t find any reference to Challengers. This might not be as risky as I initially thought. Since I clearly don’t know what the fork I’m talking about here, I’m going to strike my statement in hopes someone more knowledgable than me can speak definitively on SSBU Challengers piracy.
Can I update games that I own and still not get banned on Emmumc? When I play let’s go pikachu it says i need an update. I have ignotico , so it’s fine right?

Incognito masks your Switch‘s serial number. Your serial number is required to access Ninty servers and services. You will not be able to connect. Incognito is a “self-ban” if you will.

If your Sysnand is clean you can boot into OFW and download updates there and then dump them for use in your emunand or even copy your Sysnand with updates to your emunand again. I hear that’s a bit cumbersome for sure.

The easiest way will be to grab updates from the same Shop or site where you find backups of the base games that other sinners have uploaded.

Typically when you find one you find the other…

Last edited by binkinator,

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries at all. Do this: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

e: while you’re at it, do this too: https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
Wow, that worked perfectly. Thank you.

Unfortunately though, I was reading the hekate github and it said the following:

"And make sure that atmosphere/contents folder does not have old Atmosphere components."

I was panicking, and so I was simultaneously reading the atmosphere github, and hekate github, while reading the links you posted, and trying to follow the directions on all three pages.

So I deleted everything in the contents folder, which apparently means that I deleted all my NSPs and save files. It was my fault, I always make bad decisions when I panic.

Anyway, thank you again. At least my Switch is working once again. I really hate how Nintendo bugs me to update the firmware every time I try to start a game. That's what caused this mess in the first place (along with me accidentally hitting the update option while trying to play Ocotopath Traveler)...

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that worked perfectly. Thank you.

Unfortunately though, I was reading the hekate github and it said the following:

"And make sure that atmosphere/contents folder does not have old Atmosphere components."

I was panicking, and so I was simultaneously reading the atmosphere github, and hekate github, while reading the links you posted, and trying to follow the directions on all three pages.

So I deleted everything in the contents folder, which apparently means that I deleted all my NSPs and save files. It was my fault, I always make bad decisions when I panic.

Anyway, thank you again. At least my Switch is working once again. I really hate how Nintendo bugs me to update the firmware every time I try to start a game. That's what caused this mess in the first place (along with me accidentally hitting the update option while trying to play Ocotopath Traveler)...
All the guides say that…the /atmosphere/contents directory is where all the sys modules are installed and a lot of times the sysmodules break Atmosphere so it’s best to get rid of them to make sure Atmos will boot and then put the modules back one by one. I always move/rename my /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk so I have them handy.

I could have sworn that game saves went to emunand. You might just need to reinstall your games and you’re back in business.

• Love
Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure can…but only for a little while. Once Ninty bans your switch from accessing Online Services then you won’t be able to. You can read about ban risks here:

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

Be safe out there, my friend.

After taking my own advice I searched through the ban hub and didn’t find any reference to Challengers. This might not be as risky as I initially thought. Since I clearly don’t know what the fork I’m talking about here, I’m going to strike my statement in hopes someone more knowledgable than me can speak definitively on SSBU Challengers piracy.

Incognito masks your Switch‘s serial number. Your serial number is required to access Ninty servers and services. You will not be able to connect. Incognito is a “self-ban” if you will.

If your Sysnand is clean you can boot into OFW and download updates there and then dump them for use in your emunand or even copy your Sysnand with updates to your emunand again. I hear that’s a bit cumbersome for sure.

The easiest way will be to grab updates from the same Shop or site where you find backups of the base games that other sinners have uploaded.

Typically when you find one you find the other…
When I say challengers I mean the DLC characters for smash bros, so basically playing online with unowned dlc, will it get me banned?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I say challengers I mean the DLC characters for smash bros, so basically playing online with unowned dlc, will it get me banned?
You mean like DLC you install via an nsp or xci? Hells yes. Any pirated content installed and connected to Ninty gets the Switch flagged for a ban.

For games that have LAN play (like SSBU) you can connect and play with others Online like this:

https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play

for games that don’t have Lan play there’s this:

https://github.com/spacemeowx2/ldn_mitm

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like DLC you install via an nsp or xci? Hells yes. Any pirated content installed and connected to Ninty gets the Switch flagged for a ban.

For games that have LAN play (like SSBU) you can connect and play with others Online like this:

https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play

for games that don’t have Lan play there’s this:

https://github.com/spacemeowx2/ldn_mitm
Got it, so to play safely with new characters i have to buy them. So can I buy the characters on Stock , and then play them on Emmumc with safe modded skins?

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it, so to play safely with new characters i have to buy them. So can I buy the characters on Stock , and then play them on Emmumc with safe modded skins?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you want to play online you would need to buy them and install them on Stock OFW and play them on Stock OFW as well.

You can put them on Emunand but you will not be able to connect to Ninty and play with others…only option with Emunand is the two workaround links above.

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play online you would need to buy them and install them on Stock OFW and play them on Stock OFW as well.

You can put them on Emunand but you will not be able to connect to Ninty and play with others…only option with Emunand is the two workaround links above

Ok so what about if I install mods on Emmmc, and then I play that game online on Stock . Will those mods be on stock and will I get banned?

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do i find a save data of a game to manually delete? animal crossing doesnt work i want to delete all reference to the game and try and re install

it goes to the black screen with nintendo switch logo as its about to boot but then brings 'error cannot start'
tried to resinstalling base game and dlcs - but its the same

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i find a save data of a game to manually delete? animal crossing doesnt work i want to delete all reference to the game and try and re install

it goes to the black screen with nintendo switch logo as its about to boot but then brings 'error cannot start'
tried to resinstalling base game and dlcs - but its the same

These should help:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...-or-Delete-Downloadable-Software-1508500.html

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Manage-Delete-Game-Save-Data-1514926.html

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so what about if I install mods on Emmmc, and then I play that game online on Stock . Will those mods be on stock and will I get banned?
Emunand is initially an exact 1:1 copy of Sysnand, however, once put into play they become two separate Switches. They are not linked in any way aside from the fact they have the same Crypto Identity. From now on anything you do on either one will not show up on the other unless you do the same action or manually copy the data created from that action over to the other.

As a general rule, OFW is to be kept pristine so you can play online and CFW is to be kept offline so you you can do whatever your depraved little mind what’s to do with it behind closed doors.

If for whatever reason OFW gets tainted with naughty stuff and you go online with a pirated nsp installed or even installed and then removed (it will show up in the logs) you will get flagged for an eventual ban.

If for whatever reason your CFW escapes the confines of being blocked from looking up Ninty Servers (by DNS:mitm or 90DNS) and shares it’s real Serial number (due to lack of exosphere.ini or incognito_rcm) l Even for a few seconds, it will run and tell Ninty (via telemetry logs) all the dirty things you’ve been doing with her in your bedroom and your Switch will be flagged for a ban.

The best way to not get banned is to not hack your switch. After that each thing you do increases your risk by a certain amount. Some things we believe are benign (so far) and others we believe are insta-bans.

You can read all about it here: Switch Banning Hub

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night