Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not and if you don't believe me, check the banning thread. People were still banned even after factory resetting their console.

Okay here’s where I read that it would clear the logs:

Factory Restore Settings
> This will clean all ticketblob and error logs

Also, I have a clean backup of my 4.x.x nand could I restore it and then update with ChoiDujourNX? Or would that be too risky.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay here’s where I read that it would clear the logs:

Also, I have a clean backup of my 4.x.x nand could I restore it and then update with ChoiDujourNX? Or would that be too risky.
Perhaps it visually clears them but not internally meaning the error codes remain in the system and you just can't see them anymore. Also updating with ChoiDujourNX is slightly risky since you have to enter CFW and homebrew to use it. Its safer to update your firmware with ChoiDujour since it relies on RCM which is theoretically undetectable but not 100% safe since it still relies on hacking the console which Nintendo may have a trick up their sleeve on detecting.

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it visually clears them but not internally meaning the error codes remain in the system and you just can't see them anymore. Also updating with ChoiDujourNX is slightly risky since you have to enter CFW and homebrew to use it. Its safer to update your firmware with ChoiDujour since it relies on RCM which is theoretically undetectable but not 100% safe since it still relies on hacking the console which Nintendo may have a trick up their sleeve on detecting.

One last question I’m having trouble with getting EmuNAND working on 6.1.0, it doesn’t boot at all. Any suggestions?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question I’m having trouble with getting EmuNAND working on 6.1.0, it doesn’t boot at all. Any suggestions?
Make sure you have 32 GB of free space on your SD card. If you do, check to see if the SD card is fake or not with either h2testw or FakeFlashTest. And yes, fake SD cards can be sold from even the most trustworthy of resellers.

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whitak3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be using TX OS 2 for now, until the new 3.0 drops. I'll just be using their NSP loader to play backups. Do I also need to use tinfoil if I want to bypass the firmware version check for games, or does their NSP loader handle anything like that? I think I'm just going to wait to upgrade to 6.2 when 3.0 is released and stay on 4.1 for now, if possible.

If their NSP loader can't bypass firmware checks, is it best just to use Emunand and load a emulated firmware and upgrade that one to 6.1 for now? My plan is ALWAYS to leave my base firmware at 4.1. No plans for online play, only offline backups and maybe couch co-op with certain games.

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, I had a hackable switch switch and I tried to hack the console with SX PRO using a exFAT SD, well my switch didnt have the exFAT sd update.. now I can only get to the OFW, but not CFW. What should I do now?

When you boot your switch with the jig and the dongle in and power button and vol + it doesn't show the red SX OS screen anymore

Reactions: Erol

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of lots of time spent reverse engineering the console as well as how things run on it. For the Switch, the most comprehensive place that with that type of information can be found on Switchbrew.
What is your current firmware?

I am on 6.0.1 firmware -> would this also be the best place for me to look to learn how to create Save Game Editors?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about switching to fat32
But wondering do I have to start from scratch when it comes to installing games. I know installing games use have to split files but can I just copy over my Nintendo folder. I get errors like this from time to time but in this case I put the atmosphere files in my sd card in the wrong spot. Other times I have no idea why this occurs, I think it’s a different error number but I can’t remember. Anyway is it possible to just drag and drop my Nintendo folder to a fat32 formatted sd card.

Attachments

• ED3D6A60-5209-409F-86B5-DD0BFC1A6021.jpeg
    ED3D6A60-5209-409F-86B5-DD0BFC1A6021.jpeg
    600.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by fst312,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be using TX OS 2 for now, until the new 3.0 drops. I'll just be using their NSP loader to play backups. Do I also need to use tinfoil if I want to bypass the firmware version check for games, or does their NSP loader handle anything like that? I think I'm just going to wait to upgrade to 6.2 when 3.0 is released and stay on 4.1 for now, if possible.

If their NSP loader can't bypass firmware checks, is it best just to use Emunand and load a emulated firmware and upgrade that one to 6.1 for now? My plan is ALWAYS to leave my base firmware at 4.1. No plans for online play, only offline backups and maybe couch co-op with certain games.
Only Goldleaf/Tinfoil can bypass the firmware requirement when installing .NSP files however it doesn't ignore all firmware requirements; certain games require you to update in order to work properly because they are not coded to run on lower firmwares. Your alternative is to play all of your backups in an EmuNAND that is running a higher firmware than your SysNAND. Just make sure you do not update EmuNAND to 6.2 since SX OS does not support that firmware.
I am on 6.0.1 firmware -> would this also be the best place for me to look to learn how to create Save Game Editors?
I don't know of anywhere else you read up on the Switch
Thinking about switching to fat32
But wondering do I have to start from scratch when it comes to installing games. I know installing games use have to split files but can I just copy over my Nintendo folder. I get errors like this from time to time but in this case I put the atmosphere files in my sd card in the wrong spot. Other times I have no idea why this occurs, I think it’s a different error number but I can’t remember. Anyway is it possible to just drag and drop my Nintendo folder to a fat32 formatted sd card.
You can just backup your SD card, or Nintendo folder, format the SD card, and continue using the SD card like normal.

Reactions: Whitak3r and fst312

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a stupid question but does the Linux-switch have an x64 emulator? I want to be able to run stardew mods with smapi. I thought maybe since stardew doesn't use much system resources the overhead of an 'emulator' might be aight.

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to restore a backup of my clean nand, but I am having trouble getting hekate 4.5 to boot fully. When I launch the payload it will boot the logo and then turn off. Im injecting the payload via tegraRCMGUI2.4. I am on 6.2 if that matters. My microSD card is formatted to exfat 128bit. I am using the atmosphere jig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Files on MicroSD: boot 0 boot 1 rawnand.bin
Example on sd card
inside The folder Backup>numberletter folder>restore folder <boot 0 boot 1 rawnand.bin>

Last edited by zer01717,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to restore a backup of my clean nand, but I am having trouble getting hekate 4.5 to boot fully. When I launch the payload it will boot the logo and then turn off. Im injecting the payload via tegraRCMGUI2.4. I am on 6.2 if that matters. My microSD card is formatted to exfat 128bit. I am using the atmosphere jig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Files on MicroSD: boot 0 boot 1 rawnand.bin
Example on sd card
inside The folder Backup>numberletter folder>restore folder <boot 0 boot 1 rawnand.bin>
Seems like you are experiencing the Auto HOS Power Off. If you have AutoRCM installed and return to RCM by either shutting down or rebooting the console, sending the Hekate payload again with this option turns off the Switch. More information this and how you can toggle it can be found on the GitHub page.

Reactions: zer01717

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So atmosphere seems to be working with the patches to load backups. Now I’m not to sure because I haven’t used hekate since 3.2, but the way I loaded atmosphere was from the primary bin, I went back to hekate and noticed more configs and seen load cfw with ldn I believe that’s the kip I have in the kips folder, when I launched I get mismatched error which doesn’t make sense to because I replaced all my atmosphere files. Does it matter if I use this option or not, since smash bros already finds someone for local wireless when I checked.

Edit
Seen the error code in a different thread and I think my issue maybe solved since I was able to load the cfw with ldn_mit.

Attachments

• 18F7F884-A36C-4DD1-AFE8-C8B3E7F2E17E.jpeg
    18F7F884-A36C-4DD1-AFE8-C8B3E7F2E17E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Last edited by fst312,

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright i have a switch fully working in 6.1 with my sx pro dongle etc.

i JUST bought a BRAND NEW sealed switch new in box that has a serial of XAW10050 something. so its good to go, "never been online" therefore what fw do you think it will come with.

I plan to not put this thing online WHAT so ever. my goal is to first make a "nandbackup" of it FRESH or the soonest this can be done ideally like people have mentioned since Ive never been able to do that with this one yyet or even tried and then I suppose update it to 6.1 using some method other than the OFW update method. because that will as ive read " burn fuses" making it harder to downgrade or not possible even later.

I think ive got the jist of this down if someone can point me or chime in and correct help me where im wrong etc much appreciated. i thought Buying new in the situation of 6.2 lingo right now was the only safe way without wasitng a ton of time discussing witht he seller the last time it was online if updated etc etc. nice new - no problems easy to go

by the way the seller has one left if anyone cares but its like retail price of $299 us plus tax maybe a little less than tax where you are but about the same.

Ryan1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to transfer save data??

Right now i am running ReiNX 6.1 and my OFW is also 6.1
I want to update to 6.2 ReiNX and OFW 6.2 by restoring my clean NAND and update via the nintendo switch menu.
However if i restore my clean NAND my savedata will be gone of course.

So is there anyway i can transfer my savedata so i can use it on ReiNX 6.2??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.