Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I can use the parental control it's mean I'm not banned ? Because while I'm still in 6.1.0 I can't connect to eShop or in online (I only have à prompt for updating)

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
quick question here, what are the advantages and disadvantages of autorcm in reinx?
Let me start with some definitions:
Hecate: A payload you can inject via USB while the Switch is in recovery mode.
AutoRCM: This corrupts the boot partition so the Switch panics and goes into recovery mode every time it boots without having to use a hard mod (like a jig) to force the Switch into said recovery mode.
ReiNX: A custom firmware that is loaded (typically) by Hecate.

Now let me explain!

The advantage to using AutoRCM is that you don't have to use a hard mod to force the Switch into recovery mode. This also allows you to ensure that your fuses are not accidentally burned (thereby destroying any chances of downgrading) if you are running a higher firmware than what your Switch came with or that it's been updated to via booting without a custom firmware. You can remove AutoRCM at any time by uncorrupting the boot partition. Easiest way is to use Hecate.

Now, the disadvantages to this is that you now require a method of injection in order to boot your Switch, making it inconvenient for on-the-go rebooting if your Switch happens to crash. This is easily solved by using your phone (Android only at the moment) as the uploader using a USB On-The-Go cable (or a USB-C to USB-C cable if your phone is newer like mine). Another disadvantage is that you have no real way of knowing if your Switch is truly powered off or not, so if your Switch is in recovery mode and you don't realize it, you'll have a dead Switch when you get home that you must slowly charge. Finally, if you ever decide to send in your Switch for repairs, Nintendo will see that you have AutoRCM installed and reject it unless you remove it.

Chrakatoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Current state : Switch 6.0.0 with ReinX 2.3

I decided to backup my switch to an original state. I preorderd smash bros, and i like to play with it in online.

Is there any method to transfer my CFW switch save files to my backed up original switch? I have so many hours in zelda and mario and etw (if i can i'll buy the game) .

If yes , it will cause ban? Is there any chance ,the save file is corrupted and Nintendo noticed thats an CFW system's save file.

Sorry about my english.

Thanks for your answer and your help!

Another question. I ordered SX PRO kit. If i was not wrong, I can play online with OFW ( so i can buy smash bros or i can use my nintendo account) , and if i choose the CFW boot, i can use my switch as a flashed one. Am i correct?

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch with 6.2.0. I'm using hekate to perform a NAND backup. I've never done anything homebrew with my Switch before. This NAND backup is still considered valid / "good" even though hekate has not been officially updated to support 6.2.0 and TSEC stuff, right?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch with 6.2.0. I'm using hekate to perform a NAND backup. I've never done anything homebrew with my Switch before. This NAND backup is still considered valid / "good" even though hekate has not been officially updated to support 6.2.0 and TSEC stuff, right?
That is correct. The backup is just that; a backup. Hecate does not modify your NAND in any way unless you're restoring a previous backup.

Reactions: coreycubed

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Current state : Switch 6.0.0 with ReinX 2.3

I decided to backup my switch to an original state. I preorderd smash bros, and i like to play with it in online.

Is there any method to transfer my CFW switch save files to my backed up original switch? I have so many hours in zelda and mario and etw (if i can i'll buy the game) .

If yes , it will cause ban? Is there any chance ,the save file is corrupted and Nintendo noticed thats an CFW system's save file.

Sorry about my english.

Thanks for your answer and your help!

Another question. I ordered SX PRO kit. If i was not wrong, I can play online with OFW ( so i can buy smash bros or i can use my nintendo account) , and if i choose the CFW boot, i can use my switch as a flashed one. Am i correct?
Alright, a little hard to understand exactly what your questions were (and it's okay, even though I'm a native speaker of English, it's still hard to make out sometimes!), but here goes!

I know of no way to transfer your newer save files to a downgraded firmware (your original backup), as I've never done that before or seen any examples of it. If you do, there have been instances of Nintendo detecting these modifications and banning your console, so be very careful.

As long as you don't go back to a previous save any time you play online, you should be relatively safe. However, I highly advise against transferring or modifying your saves on any hacked console that you plan to play online, as that is the easiest way to get banned.

PlasticK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi. I bought a Nintendo Switch a year ago, it was the Mario Odyssey Bundle. I remember it was below that 3xx firmware for hacking, I haven't really used that console much though i bought lots of games and accessories. Now on some gamingsite I read about not updating to 6.2.0 FW some because of Homebrew and that has made me interested in the console again.

Currently my Nintendo Switch automatically updated itself to 6.0.0 OFW.
My Question: Is it possible to install CFW/Homebrew on this Firmware Version?
This thread only lists FW 5.0.0 and below: https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-status.495078/
Sorry, I read many threads, but it is still not clear, there is much outdated info and I'm absolutely confused about all those insider buzzwords regarding hacking and I don't know where to start. I found this website but seems outdated, too: https://switch.hacks.guide/get-started
If you could link me to some wiki or userful friendly guide that explains all those hacking terms, I would appreciate it alot.

Please help me

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
So if I use my switch strictly in docked mode there is no disadvanteges whatsoever no?

There are only two that I know of.

1. Your battery life will suffer slightly, just because of the nature of Lithium-ion batteries. If you never plan to pull out the switch from it's docking state, then you'll never have to worry about it.

2. Your CPU/GPU is underclocked slightly in handheld mode, but in docked mode, it's running at full capacity. This means that your switch will not last as long, but given that it'll most likely be well over 5 years or so before you even notice any differences, it really doesn't matter.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I bought a Nintendo Switch a year ago, it was the Mario Odyssey Bundle. I remember it was below that 3xx firmware for hacking, I haven't really used that console much though i bought lots of games and accessories. Now on some gamingsite I read about not updating to 6.2.0 FW some because of Homebrew and that has made me interested in the console again.

Currently my Nintendo Switch automatically updated itself to 6.0.0 OFW.
My Question: Is it possible to install CFW/Homebrew on this Firmware Version?
This thread only lists FW 5.0.0 and below: https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-status.495078/
Sorry, I read many threads, but it is still not clear, there is much outdated info and I'm absolutely confused about all those insider buzzwords regarding hacking and I don't know where to start. I found this website but seems outdated, too: https://switch.hacks.guide/get-started
If you could link me to some wiki or userful friendly guide that explains all those hacking terms, I would appreciate it alot.

Please help me
Atmosphere currently supports firmware versions up to 6.1.0, with plans already in the works for 6.2.0. You are absolutely able to install and use it. As for a guide, the one posted here is a great place to get up and going. Just know that the menu for Hecate is much better than the one seen in the screenshots :) The links will let you get the latest versions of both SDFiles and the Hecate payload. When you do get to Hecate, though, make sure to create a backup before you do ANYTHING, then hit "Launch...", "Payloads", then "fusee-primary.bin". That will get you Atmosphere, which is compatible with your firmware version!

thanks for the answers!
Anytime :)

Reactions: PlasticK

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally decided to hack my Switch using this guide: guide.sdsetup.com

I'm on 4.1.0 and so far everything worked fine (entering RCM, injecting the test payload).

The only thing giving me a headache right now is my mSD card (200 GB)... I realized that the Switch doesn't support exFAT without installing a driver (which means going online and updating my system).

So I simply formatted it into FAT32 hoping that the Switch would natively support it. Well, I guess it doesn't since it still asks for an update.

I know there are methods to install the driver offline, BUT wouldn't they require me to alter my NAND before even having the chance to back up a clean version?

Or... am I overthinking things? Is it just the official Switch OS that doesn't support exFAT while Homebrew will work just fine? I'm just looking for a way to back up my full NAND before altering my console in any way.

EDIT: Seems I'm not overthinking. Hekate shows "[FatFS] Error: NOFAT - Failed to mount SD card (FatFS Error 13. Make sure that a FAT partition exists."

Last edited by bjaxx87,

Chris01

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

little question.

i try to install via ns atmosphere dongle the necessary things i needed to have CFW working.

Now i want to follow this guide on them site but because im still on 2.30 this link there don't work.

Any ideas how to let it work or upgrade?

I guess i need that the cfw works on 2.30 before to upgarde or am i wrong?

Thanks!!!!

mrplugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help guys I’m on 6.1 and the latest sxos 2.3 but my switch crashes wen I press system settings does anyone know why?I need it back so I can add WiFi etc please help

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
I finally decided to hack my Switch using this guide: guide.sdsetup.com

I'm on 4.1.0 and so far everything worked fine (entering RCM, injecting the test payload).

The only thing giving me a headache right now is my mSD card (200 GB)... I realized that the Switch doesn't support exFAT without installing a driver (which means going online and updating my system).

So I simply formatted it into FAT32 hoping that the Switch would natively support it. Well, I guess it doesn't since it still asks for an update.

I know there are methods to install the driver offline, BUT wouldn't they require me to alter my NAND before even having the chance to back up a clean version?

Or... am I overthinking things? Is it just the official Switch OS that doesn't support exFAT while Homebrew will work just fine? I'm just looking for a way to back up my full NAND before altering my console in any way.
You're overcomplicating it! You can backup your NAND, as Hecate will support exFAT. In order to modify your NAND anyways, you'll need to make a backup, modify the backup, then upload the backup. You can just save it (as well as making a full backup through Hecate) then before modifying it.
Hi,

little question.

i try to install via ns atmosphere dongle the necessary things i needed to have CFW working.

Now i want to follow this guide on them site but because im still on 2.30 this link there don't work.

Any ideas how to let it work or upgrade?

I guess i need that the cfw works on 2.30 before to upgarde or am i wrong?

Thanks!!!!
Well, not 100% sure on this, but I do know that Atmosphere 0.7.2 was recommended to someone else for firmware versions below 4.0.0. You could try that!

Reactions: bjaxx87

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is probably a stupid question, but how is the interaction between XCI and NSP games? I ask that because I see that updates and DLCs need to be installed as NSP, so I'm not completely sure if in this case I need to install the game as a NSP too or if it will work with the game as XCI.
And in case of an Emunand on my SD, will every NSP file that I install be automatically on my SD card too? I don't want any traces of NSPs installed on my internal memory just in case I decide to update it to play online later.

Last edited by Nym5,

sgt-h87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, first of all im new to switch and very new to this place.. Could do with some help with a couple of things.. First of all i purchased a brand new switch today which is capable of of runing CFW its currently on 4.1.0 i also have NS-Atmosphere and have made a boot0/1 backup as well as full nand backup.. Now this console has never been connected to the internet at all. How do i minimise the ban risk and also update the console to 6.1.0? It also asks me to update to use my SD Card. Are there any ways around this? any help would really be appreciated. Last of all what do people recommend as a custom firmware?

Again any help would be massively appreciated.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, first of all im new to switch and very new to this place.. Could do with some help with a couple of things.. First of all i purchased a brand new switch today which is capable of of runing CFW its currently on 4.1.0 i also have NS-Atmosphere and have made a boot0/1 backup as well as full nand backup.. Now this console has never been connected to the internet at all. How do i minimise the ban risk and also update the console to 6.1.0? It also asks me to update to use my SD Card. Are there any ways around this? any help would really be appreciated. Last of all what do people recommend as a custom firmware?

Again any help would be massively appreciated.
There are many guides in the "Tutorials" section of GBATemp for the Switch, but let me help give you a basic rundown of what you need to do.

You've done a full NAND backup. You're already smarter than the average person just for that! Now, you won't be able to update officially because 6.2.0 is out right now. You'll need to find a game that has 6.1.0 on it in order to specifically update to that version.

I'm assuming you're on 4.1.0 because that's what the Switch came with. Good. However, this means that you'll need to connect your Switch to your computer and use "memloader" to connect your system partition as a USB Drive. Then, you can make a full backup of the system, modify it to include exFAT support, then reupload the backup to your Switch. That will allow you to run the Switch with your SD Card. Either that, or you can reformat your SD Card as FAT32.

Atmosphere is what I very highly recommend. It's getting better every week, and it's being updated to support 6.2.0 as we speak!

Reactions: sgt-h87

sgt-h87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are many guides in the "Tutorials" section of GBATemp for the Switch, but let me help give you a basic rundown of what you need to do.

You've done a full NAND backup. You're already smarter than the average person just for that! Now, you won't be able to update officially because 6.2.0 is out right now. You'll need to find a game that has 6.1.0 on it in order to specifically update to that version.

I'm assuming you're on 4.1.0 because that's what the Switch came with. Good. However, this means that you'll need to connect your Switch to your computer and use "memloader" to connect your system partition as a USB Drive. Then, you can make a full backup of the system, modify it to include exFAT support, then reupload the backup to your Switch. That will allow you to run the Switch with your SD Card. Either that, or you can reformat your SD Card as FAT32.

Atmosphere is what I very highly recommend. It's getting better every week, and it's being updated to support 6.2.0 as we speak!

Thanks ever so much for the prompt reply.. i will look into what you have suggested shortly :) as for the game with 6.1.0 any suggestions and does it need to be in cartridge form? Again thanks for your help

wikoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a game cart that has the 5.1 firmware update on it and can update from the cartridge?

Would happily buy whatever game has the 5.1 update on it so that I can update from the cartridge.

It's so much easier and I feel safer updating the firmware from the cart rather than other methods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but...