Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In terms of restoring your Switch, you can use the second backup. In terms of remaining under the radar, probably not. In theory Nintendo can see you have a driver that's not supposed to be on a firmware you are currently on and Choidujour may leave traces.

Having a split backup doesn't increase the chance of a failed NAND dump though

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Tinnetju

sukhish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Apologies if this has been answered before as i am absolutely new to switch modding. While installing NSPs over tinfoil i realized that we could install them over network also? but how do we do that as i am obviously not connected to internet and running on 4.1.0 with reinx. so could someone please put some light on how to connect to the local network without connecting to say nintendo and getting banned? Thanks.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apologies if this has been answered before as i am absolutely new to switch modding. While installing NSPs over tinfoil i realized that we could install them over network also? but how do we do that as i am obviously not connected to internet and running on 4.1.0 with reinx. so could someone please put some light on how to connect to the local network without connecting to say nintendo and getting banned? Thanks.

90dns or the atmosphere release apparently blocks some telemetry data :)

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: sukhish

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

You can block the access to the nintendo servers which should put you safe from any updates, logs/crash reports sending and other stuff. https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

You can also set up a router on your local network and don't connect it to your LAN, so just set up wireless and connect your laptop to the router. This means it's connected to the LAN and not the WAN which is also safe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does? Wow that's pretty sweet

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can block the access to the nintendo servers which should put you safe from any updates, logs/crash reports sending and other stuff. https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

You can also set up a router on your local network and don't connect it to your LAN, so just set up wireless and connect your laptop to the router. This means it's connected to the LAN and not the WAN which is also safe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does? Wow that's pretty sweet

upload_2018-10-18_23-38-33.png

Reactions: Tinnetju

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

That's a lot of expensive words for people who's first language is something else than english haha. Thanks for sharing, this is a great feature!

Skiiermike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember a thread showing which switches were still exploitable based on serial number but now I cant find it.

Is there still a way to tell?
aaaa02df98bcd1a7b0ca8591e3975fa3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Katcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just out of curiosity, the 'patched' Switches out in the wild. How much of a pain in the arse would hacking them be? If there's even a method to do so at the current time that is. It's all well and good having hacked my current Switch to see how easy it is to make backups but if my current system ever dies/gets lost it's all pointless if I can't hack a newly bought new system to restore my backed up saves. I might not always have NSO to use cloud saves so relying on that alone is not very convenient.

Tinnetju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just out of curiosity, the 'patched' Switches out in the wild. How much of a pain in the arse would hacking them be? If there's even a method to do so at the current time that is. It's all well and good having hacked my current Switch to see how easy it is to make backups but if my current system ever dies/gets lost it's all pointless if I can't hack a newly bought new system to restore my backed up saves. I might not always have NSO to use cloud saves so relying on that alone is not very convenient.

There are millions of switches that are hackable. There is not much known about the new switches yet and they are not hackable at the moment, and that will probably stay for a while (atleast not public) so nintendo can't patch it as quick. But believe me, they will be hackable and you will not have to wait as long as you think.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are millions of switches that are hackable. There is not much known about the new switches yet and they are not hackable at the moment, and that will probably stay for a while (atleast not public) so nintendo can't patch it as quick. But believe me, they will be hackable and you will not have to wait as long as you think.

nah apparently sx is working on it.

Myelf123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey i was wondering if anyone could help me with the ChoiDujourNX Update method
I am trying to go from 5.1 to 6.0 and when i try and update i get an error that 4 out of 211 NCAs are missing
Anyone know how do i fix this?

jafc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point should i use atmosphere or another cfw? Also i am completly new to hacking. I have a virgin hackable switch, what are the first steps i should take?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to go from 5.1 to 6.0 and when i try and update i get an error that 4 out of 211 NCAs are missing
Try formatting your SD card or using another SD card.
At this point should i use atmosphere or another cfw? Also i am completly new to hacking. I have a virgin hackable switch, what are the first steps i should take?
The 3 currently available CFW are SX OS, ReiNX, and Atmosphere however some of the features of SX OS are behind a paywall.
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.com/

Clab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Do you definitely have the correct update? A couple of early versions of 6.0 were leaked before the official one. You want to install 6.0-5.0 (NintendoSDK Firmware for NX 6.0.0-5.0).
The early ones you don't want are 6.0.0 and 6.0.0-4.0.

faustiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I wanted to thank Draxzelex as he has been an amazing resource, and very supportive to everyone who asks a question.

I have a brand new unit which I have only booted into Maintenance mode to view the firmware version, and used hekate to backup my NAND. If I want to load a CFW, do I need to go through the trouble of doing a regular boot up in OFW and doing the complete setup? Or can I completely bypass the OFW and just load CFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone