Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
what are the indication that the switch that I am about to buy is the newest switch one(that got its hardware patched) that cant be hacked

electronrancher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the indication that the switch that I am about to buy is the newest switch one(that got its hardware patched) that cant be hacked

Are those even available in your region? Last I heard, the patched version was only in Asia. Maybe just hit target and ask the guy how old the stock is. A month or so, you're fine.

I just bought a second switch last week for hacking, it still had the tegra hole

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Atmosphere launches, will it be a payload, like SX OS, or will it be like Lakka, which is luck-based?
Plot twist: we've all been loading Atmosphere this entire time. No, I'm not even joking, everything that we've been loading has been using Atmosphere's code so it will work just like those, if not slightly better.

Reactions: zboubinou

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, next questions.

Is the AutoRCM installed by SX OS bound by SX OS? Or can you use any payload on it?

And is that same AutoRCM installed on the microSD card or the NAND?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, next questions.

Is the AutoRCM installed by SX OS bound by SX OS? Or can you use any payload on it?

And is that same AutoRCM installed on the microSD card or the NAND?

The AutoRcm that's installed through SX essentially does the same thing as Bricmii Autorcm does. It corrupts a part of your boot partition on your NAND which forces it to go into RCM automatically. So yes , any pay load can use its convenience.

The only thing added to your SD card ,as far as SX OS is concerned, is their Boot.dat file version and the license file. AutoRCM has nothing to do with your SD card just the NAND.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
can i aquire switch firmware 5.1 from somewhere? im wanting to try and update without burning fuses so i cant just install it via wifi on the console.

jringo718

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just had a few things I wanted clarification and opinions on.

1. Can downloaded NSPs now be installed without the need for the SX Pro? So using either the Hekate method posted in this forum or ReiNX will allow it to play, correct?

2. I don't play online at all. I don't care about bans or whatever, however, I am apprehensive of even associating my long time Nintendo account with homebrew. While on the switch, it only has the BotW DLC along with a JP account that has Disgaea 5, I still wanted to preserve them for a secondary switch later on in the years.

Will there be issues if I completely unlink and and deactivate my account and factory restore it to have a throwaway account? Can I easily migrate my saves, especially Disgaea 5 since I heard it's encrypted, using Checkpoint on to the throwaway account? I already backed all the saves up. I just want to migrate the Disgaea 5 and BotW saves and I'm good.

3. Are there any major pitfalls in using NSPs aside from bans? Not things like requiring double space. Like serious stuff like bricks or something

4. Are some games not available in NSP format despite being on the eShop? Guess you have to use CDNSP? Can it access the JP eShop?

Anyway, I'm on 5.1.0 and using mostly Android to do everything since I don't have access to a PC atm. Really appreciate the help in advance. Thanks.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
can i aquire switch firmware 5.1 from somewhere? im wanting to try and update without burning fuses so i cant just install it via wifi on the console.
i would never condone anyone downloading a piece of nintendos intelectual property in a way nintendo does not intend.

infact last night when i had the same question i would never had been told to seach google for a place called xbins
since that never happened, i would not know that if you dont know about irc xbins make a irc client that autoconnects to the channel so its a less than 5 minute endeavor to download the files
;) ;)

but as i say i dont know any of this nor condone it.
piracy is wrong, intelectual property misuse is abuse
all hail GBATemp a place that never condones such things

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

anyway in unrelated news I have saves for Puyo Puyo Tetis and SouthPark the shattered but whole on PC.
is there anyway to use either on switch or will i have to start the games over?

Last edited by dude1,
Reactions: zboubinou

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about autrorcm..

My jig is getting a bit loose after about 2 weeks. Was wanting to know if it is still advised to stay away from autorcm? I always use sleep and it is plugged in when I'm not using it.

dayna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but here we go. I recently prepurchased overcooked 2 and I wasn't sure when it came out so I launched the home menu icon. Instead of loading the pop up that would tell you whether or not the game was released, it went into like a webpage loader, and it displayed a mostly blank page except for text that said 'Homebrew Launcher' and an Install/Run prompt below that. When I saw it I was confused because I don't have any sort of homebrew on my Switch. The only thing I can think of that would cause it would be DNS blocking? I have my DNS set to the values that you get from Switch Hacks guide to block the updates. Once again I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am just looking to see what went wrong? Thank you :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just had a few things I wanted clarification and opinions on.

1. Can downloaded NSPs now be installed without the need for the SX Pro? So using either the Hekate method posted in this forum or ReiNX will allow it to play, correct?

2. I don't play online at all. I don't care about bans or whatever, however, I am apprehensive of even associating my long time Nintendo account with homebrew. While on the switch, it only has the BotW DLC along with a JP account that has Disgaea 5, I still wanted to preserve them for a secondary switch later on in the years.

Will there be issues if I completely unlink and and deactivate my account and factory restore it to have a throwaway account? Can I easily migrate my saves, especially Disgaea 5 since I heard it's encrypted, using Checkpoint on to the throwaway account? I already backed all the saves up. I just want to migrate the Disgaea 5 and BotW saves and I'm good.

3. Are there any major pitfalls in using NSPs aside from bans? Not things like requiring double space. Like serious stuff like bricks or something

4. Are some games not available in NSP format despite being on the eShop? Guess you have to use CDNSP? Can it access the JP eShop?

Anyway, I'm on 5.1.0 and using mostly Android to do everything since I don't have access to a PC atm. Really appreciate the help in advance. Thanks.
  1. NSPs can be installed with Rommenu or Tinfoil. NSPs you own can be launched with and without CFW. NSPs you do not own must be played with ReiNX, Hekate with signature patches, or RajNX.
  2. Factory restoring does not prevent bans; it is a very common misconception. You can use Checkpoint to move your save data however. Update and DLC data can be found online via NSPs. If you wish to un-link the account, do so immediately via online or by calling Nintendo.
  3. Certain NSPs can mess up your console, these are notably DevMenu NSPs. So long as you stay away from rogue DevMenu NSPs, you should be fine
  4. You can use CDNSP Bob to download any game available in NSP format however that cannot be found on this forum as it contains copyrighted content
Question about autrorcm..

My jig is getting a bit loose after about 2 weeks. Was wanting to know if it is still advised to stay away from autorcm? I always use sleep and it is plugged in when I'm not using it.
I now personally use AutoRCM and have 0 issues as long as I power off from Hekate. Performing a manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds) should avoid the same issues.
Hi guys. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but here we go. I recently prepurchased overcooked 2 and I wasn't sure when it came out so I launched the home menu icon. Instead of loading the pop up that would tell you whether or not the game was released, it went into like a webpage loader, and it displayed a mostly blank page except for text that said 'Homebrew Launcher' and an Install/Run prompt below that. When I saw it I was confused because I don't have any sort of homebrew on my Switch. The only thing I can think of that would cause it would be DNS blocking? I have my DNS set to the values that you get from Switch Hacks guide to block the updates. Once again I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I am just looking to see what went wrong? Thank you :)
Yeah, it might have been asking to download/update the game by going online but those are blocked via the DNS settings. Not sure if you can download the game properly with those settings so you may need to unblock them to get the game.

Reactions: k3rizz3k

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick question about nand backups. If I want to do a clean nand backup before installing homebrew/CFW/game backups (all offline), should I do it with my Nintendo Account linked or should I unlink it before nand backup? I would like to not have my account linked while doing homebrew and stuff but I would want to have it back if I restore the clean nand (no homebrew stuff anymore). Should I do a factory reset after the first nand backup (before homebrew) and one before restoring it? Just trying to minimize my account being flagged and stuck if I get banned. Any tips or suggestions?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about nand backups. If I want to do a clean nand backup before installing homebrew/CFW/game backups (all offline), should I do it with my Nintendo Account linked or should I unlink it before nand backup? I would like to not have my account linked while doing homebrew and stuff but I would want to have it back if I restore the clean nand (no homebrew stuff anymore). Should I do a factory reset after the first nand backup (before homebrew) and one before restoring it? Just trying to minimize my account being flagged and stuck if I get banned. Any tips or suggestions?
Only un-link it if you have any valuable purchases worth saving or will be saving in the future. However since you must hack the Switch in order to do a NAND backup, I would suggest un-linking the account beforehand. I would also suggest linking a fake account to the console since you have nothing to lose by linking any Nintendo Account to the console. As for how to un-link it, factory resets don't do anything with regards to being banned so don't unlink it that way or even think about using a factory reset to save yourself from a ban as its been proven to not work (otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have put it in). Just un-link it the normal way (I believe you go to Users to do that).

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Only un-link it if you have any valuable purchases worth saving or will be saving in the future. However since you must hack the Switch in order to do a NAND backup, I would suggest un-linking the account beforehand. I would also suggest linking a fake account to the console since you have nothing to lose by linking any Nintendo Account to the console. As for how to un-link it, factory resets don't do anything with regards to being banned so don't unlink it that way or even think about using a factory reset to save yourself from a ban as its been proven to not work (otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have put it in). Just un-link it the normal way (I believe you go to Users to do that).

Thanks for the suggestions and the quick reply!

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Talking about nand backup and ban do you think N can detect the hack for nand backup? Like is it possible to have a "clean" backup with games to play online and a hacked backup with homebrew? Also, how much time does a backup takes?

P. S : been reading this thread for 3-4 days it's so interesting when you're a noob like me. Thx for replying to all of this

Last edited by zboubinou,

Paiuand

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hey, the FighterZ beta is gonna drop this weekend, I don’t want to connect my switch to the internet for obvious reasons, would it be possible for someone to dump the beta so I could play the offline modes?

allthingsfresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update the firmware on the console, it will reboot and burn fuses. If you don't want to burn fuses, you can follow the tutorial on how to update without burning fuses. Otherwise, you can just update the firmware on the console by downloading it from Nintendo.
You can update with or without burning fuses. If you burn fuses, you will not be able to downgrade in case you want to enjoy the benefits of exploits that don't require a jig and USB cable/dongle. If you want to update without burning fuses, here is a tutorial on how to do so: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

There is an easier way of updating without burning fuses but you will have to wait until you get your SX Pro to do it. https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-easy...ch-firmware-without-burning-any-fuses.511847/ Bear in mind that this will prevent cartridge games from working on firmwares below 4.0.

Also note that both guides will have you install AutoRCM to prevent the fuses from being burnt.

Hey, thanks for this response. I'm ok with the tethered jailbreak. Can you (or anyone here) verify that in that case, I'd be okay with pulling my Switch out of the box and just connecting to the Internet and straight up updating to 5.1.0?

I'm paranoid there will be a new firmware in the next couple of days (or before my SX Pro gets in) and I'd figure I should just do it today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)