Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I dropped my mariko switch in a dude i found out can install picofly on it. I am currently digging in the switch's scene and I have some very noob doubts.
  • Is there any guide on what to do and what not to do once you start setting up the SD? I found the HATS github repository but I don't know if that is the way to go.
  • I saw there are two file formats for backups. Is one simply better than the other or this depends on games, SD, or something else?
  • I understand it's not possible to play backup games online (f.e. Pokemon Sword) if you don't want to get your switch banned, is this right?
  • Is it still safe to play cartidge and eshop bought games?

Thank you all!
1. I wouldn't trust a pre-made pack too much. You'd be better off doing it by yourself. I recommend checking out this guide.
2. XCI= cartridge dump NSP=eShop dump. Both kinds install just fine. There are also xcz and nsz files around, which are just the compressed versions.
3. Yes, this is right. No pirated games should be installed on sysNAND if you want to play online. Play your pirated games on emuNAND, and offline.
4. Should be safe playing them on sysNAND as long as it's clean (see #3).

moni_k3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Spain
1. I wouldn't trust a pre-made pack too much. You'd be better off doing it by yourself. I recommend checking out this guide.
2. XCI= cartridge dump NSP=eShop dump. Both kinds install just fine. There are also xcz and nsz files around, which are just the compressed versions.
3. Yes, this is right. No pirated games should be installed on sysNAND if you want to play online. Play your pirated games on emuNAND, and offline.
4. Should be safe playing them on sysNAND as long as it's clean (see #3).
Thank you so much!! Gonna check out the guide

Reactions: Dust2dust

GILLIO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi There!

Does anyone know if it's posible to add cheats to NSO online app (SNES)?
i'm using DarkAkuma's Cave manager and have also Edizon + Tesla overlay installed.

Thanks in advance :)

bsougo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, thanks for your attention

I'm having this error while downloading/installing in tinfoil:

Failed to push application record, 24bytes, result:022A2200

what it means?
how can I solve it?

(and I make to download one game with 10gb last night with this same method)

thanks again!

medi01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trying to migrate to a bigger SD card.

First failed attempt using Linux DD + gparted to move/resize partitions (hekate refused to even look at the card).

Second attempt:
1) created emunand partition using hekate
2) cloned partition data from old card (dd)
3) copied files, keeping emunand.ini and that raw file in emunand folder as created by hekate (re-checked that folder structure is indeed identical)

What works: system boots just fine, including games installed on emunand.

What does not work: games installed on SD... :(
Switch tries to "re-download' them.
DBI shows stuff installed on SD card as having size 0.

There is something I am missing about the paths and emunand.ini... :(

Curious part: old card become unbootable, until I used hekate's "migrate " option, after which it worked just fine.

Questions:
1) How do I check /fix the path to the game contents? (the only idea that comes to mind is to install a new game and check where it lands)
2) Is there anything tricky to take into account with game files? Are they somehow linked to sd card/partition IDs?
3) What does hekate's "migrate" option actually do?

Thank you in advance,
medi

Last edited by medi01,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First failed attempt using Linux DD + gparted to move/resize partitions (hekate refused to even look at the card).

Second attempt:
3) copied files, keeping emunand.ini and that raw file in emunand folder as created by hekate (re-checked that folder structure is indeed identical)

Curious part: old card become unbootable, until I used hekate's "migrate " option, after which it worked just fine.

Questions:
1) How do I check /fix the path to the game contents? (the only idea that comes to mind is to install a new game and check where it lands)
2) Is there anything tricky to take into account with game files? Are they somehow linked to sd card/partition IDs?

Thank you in advance,
medi

Use emutool, convert hidden partition emunand to file base, then convert it back to hidden partition.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone point to me how do i update my emunand firmware (from 14.1.1 to 16.0.3) like i was 5?

I truly mean it, im completely out of the loop rn, plus i bought this particular switch already modded so im not familiat with the tools to my disposal, so as simple of an explanation as possible would help. Also im certain im on an older atmosphere version (1.3.2) but i don't feel the need to update it as of now.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Second attempt:

Questions:

Thank you in advance,
medi
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard#hekate

Husk4197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,
I have a problem here and need some help.
I have a V1 switch that is banned.
I had CFW 15.0.1 installed and decided to update my CFW to 16.0.0.

Prior to this I always updated manually by downloading the newer version and extracting/copying files and updating.

I chose to use Daybreak this time (No idea why I chose this). While updating in daybreak I chose FAT32 instead of FAT32+eXFat. After the update I got an error I cant remember, HOS something. I did a search for a solution and it was suggested I deleted the contents folder and whatnot which I did.

Anyway long story short after making a ton of changes I'm currently at the point where I can get to the bootloader where I can select emuSYS/emuMMC/Stock FW.

If I select emuMMC it goes to a blank screen and I have to hold power for 1-15sec and then it will boot back into stock FW.

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to wipe and restart?

If I do have to wipe and start again is there a way to retrieve my save files and restore them afterwards?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Prior to this I always updated manually by downloading the newer version and extracting/copying files and updating.

I chose to use Daybreak this time (No idea why I chose this). While updating in daybreak I chose FAT32 instead of FAT32+eXFat. After the update I got an error I cant remember, HOS something. I did a search for a solution and it was suggested I deleted the contents folder and whatnot which I did.

Anyway long story short after making a ton of changes I'm currently at the point where I can get to the bootloader where I can select emuSYS/emuMMC/Stock FW.

If I select emuMMC it goes to a blank screen and I have to hold power for 1-15sec and then it will boot back into stock FW.

If I do have to wipe and start again is there a way to retrieve my save files and restore them afterwards?

Thanks.

What is your SD card format then?

Husk4197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well windows reports it as FAT32. From what I read online I was supposed to select the FAT32+eXFat option.

I hacked this quite a while ago. So I forgot how I set it up. What I can say is that if i boot normally for an off state it will boot normally and you can play game from the cartridge. If I boot with a payload and launch CFW -emuMMC it will boot into the CFW where the cart slot is deactivated and all my other software show up.

I have no idea if that was relavant but I figured i'd say anyway if it helps.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Thanks.
Should of chise FAT32+eXFat

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some way to stop the switch from asking for updates? I "accidentally" (purposely) banned my switch, but my games keep asking for updates. And when I DO try to update it, I get the good ol temporary but not really ban message. I have another switch that can connect to the internet to get updates for my games, but it's kinda a hassle to keep having to "Compare software version with local users".
Here is the problem. While the obvious answer would be to keep the console offline, the issue is that the console knows when there is an update available for a game. You see, the Switch keeps an internal list of all games and their respective updates. This list is updated whenever you update the firmware. So unless you plan on never updating your firmware, updating your games is unavoidable. You could always pirate the updates online instead of downloading them from your other console.
Not too long ago I update atmosphere and firmware and haven't had issues. My boy was playing and said he accidentally pushed the x or y button while playing Mario party which caused the following error to show up (error 2002-4364 0x221802). I can't add an image so I shared a link from Google photos to see the error

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yy9PXh3vxS7WRZ8T6

I read that some people say to delete a folder under the contents folder of atmosphere, but mine does not have a contents folder to delete. From what I have read, it seems to be related to a corrupt save. Would this imply that the specific Mario party save is the culprit? I'm really hoping that my atmosphere itself is salvageable (including my Zelda saves!)

I can boot into Hekate to select the boot. Stock system boots up fine. Atmosphere continually gives the error. Can anybody get me back on track?

I should add that I don't have any themes. I also used save extract and think I was able to pull out all my saves, including my Zelda saves. Not sure if there is a way to navigate using TegraExplorer and delete the Mario Party save if that might be the culprit?
You can try deleting your /atmosphere folder and downloading a new one from the official GitHub page.
Hey guys, thanks for your attention

I'm having this error while downloading/installing in tinfoil:

Failed to push application record, 24bytes, result:022A2200

what it means?
how can I solve it?

(and I make to download one game with 10gb last night with this same method)

thanks again!
I would highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I have no issues while using it.
Can someone point to me how do i update my emunand firmware (from 14.1.1 to 16.0.3) like i was 5?

I truly mean it, im completely out of the loop rn, plus i bought this particular switch already modded so im not familiat with the tools to my disposal, so as simple of an explanation as possible would help. Also im certain im on an older atmosphere version (1.3.2) but i don't feel the need to update it as of now.
You can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere to update your emuMMC's firmware. And since you will be updating the firmware, you will have to update Atmosphere even if you don't feel the need. Remember to delete your old /atmosphere folder when you update the CFW.

lobot711

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my CFW and FW to their latest versions using the rentry guide, but I am unable to boot into emummc through Hekate. When I try, it immediately goes into RCM mode, and injecting hekate again causes the following error message:

Panic occured while running Atmosphere.
Title ID: 0100000000000000
Error: UNK (0x6)

If I boot through fusee.bin, Atmosphere works fine. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong? I just migrated to a new sd card two days ago, but everything was working perfectly until I installed version 16.0.3 using daybreak. So far, I've tried using a completely fresh atmosphere folder, which didn't work.

AsdforgeAzim

Trophies
XP
Country
Malawi
Great. Your emummc is enabled.

Ok, let’s add another stanza to your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini and try booting it.

dowload fusee.bin from the official Atmosphere release page and place it in /bootloader/payloads/

Code:
[CFW - fusee]
payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

try to boot CFW-Fusee
I tried this but it shows fatal error when running fusee. invalid GPT signature

Great. Your emummc is enabled.

Ok, let’s add another stanza to your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini and try booting it.

dowload fusee.bin from the official Atmosphere release page and place it in /bootloader/payloads/

Code:
[CFW - fusee]
payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

try to boot CFW-Fusee

Crowla33R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm on atmos 14 and waiting to update to 15.0.4 when it fully release. I've never done an update before so I have a few questions since I can't seem to find them on rentry page

1. Which old folder do I need to backup in case something go wrong?

2. I'm not sure if my CFW was installed to SD or internal storage (didn't install the old CFW myself)...is there a nifty way for me to check this since I don't want to put update files in wrong place?

3. I always use R4 dongle to boot into atmos. Do I have to update dongle too? Do I have to put fusee.bin inside the dongle instead of the Switch ?

leofox

Trophies
XP
Country
China
After soldering, I entered the emmc speed test, and the 4k write speed is half of other machines, what is the problem, my device is switch lite

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello,

i've updated my two switch consoles with atmosphere 1.5.3 (atmosphere-1.5.3-master-85c23b578+hbl-2.4.3+hbmenu-3.5.1) and firmware 16.0.3 (used the normal one, not the "rebootless upodate") - as always with sigpatches (Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.5.4-cfw-16.0.3). As updater i'm using daybreak. I've done this many times before with no problems on the older firmwares.

But now i have a little problem, one the two switches show's an error after booting from hekate 6.0.3 (injected with NS-USBLOADER on Garuda Linux) - Launch -> CFW-sysMMC -> Message "cant apply 'nogc'" -> "press POWER to continue" or "press VOL to go to the menu". Both options work as described, if i press the power button, its booting into HOS - perfectly fine. But why is this message popping up? I've used exactly the same files on both switches, so i dont think there are corrupted files causing this.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this error and how to fix it?

I tried to stop atmosphere from enabling the nogc function. The readme (Atmosphere/docs/features/configurations.md) on github says the following:

"To change its functionality, add the following line to the stratosphere section and change the value of X according to the following list"
[stratosphere]
nogc = X

1 = force-enable nogc, so Atmosphère will always disable the Game Card reader.
0 = force-disable nogc, so Atmosphère will always enable the Game Card reader.

Neither 0 nor 1 fixed the error message on boot. And yes, I had the file in the config folder, not just the template folder.

The bootloader can be configured via 'bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini' (if it is present on the SD card). Each ini section represents a boot entry, except for the special section 'config' that controls the global configuration.

Now i changed "autonogc=1" to "autonogc=0" and prevented heakte from automatically applying the nogc patch if unburnt fuses found and a >= 4.0.0 HOS.

Now the error message is no longer present during the boot process. Since I don't use cartridges anyway, it's no problem for me to turn off the nogc. Maybe this post will help someone else who has the same problem. Have a nice day all of you.

Attachments

• 20230606_112856_HDR.jpg
    20230606_112856_HDR.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by realbout,

a_username_that_isnt_cool

the one person who did something one time
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the problem. While the obvious answer would be to keep the console offline, the issue is that the console knows when there is an update available for a game. You see, the Switch keeps an internal list of all games and their respective updates. This list is updated whenever you update the firmware. So unless you plan on never updating your firmware, updating your games is unavoidable. You could always pirate the updates online instead of downloading them from your other console.
Thanks! Think I'm still gonna use the "Compare version with local users" feature for updates (I own the games legally, in a physical form, so why would I pirate them?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: