1. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Okay, I figured I should try the archive bit fix via Hekate first like you suggested, since that would be the fastest thing I could try and it worked. You're a legend dude, as always:)

Draxzelex likes this.
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can use the same SD card. I also do not see any point in performing a factory reset. If the purpose is to go online, that is not sufficient enough to prevent you from getting banned. You need a clean eMMC backup that was made before running CFW/homebrew to prevent yourself from being banned when going online. And once you put Hekate on your SD card then launch it, you will be able to use Atmosphere.

3. phelen

phelen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Albania
    Sure, so do I just dump the files on the same card with sx os. Also since I haven't done it yet, how do you load up in Hekate, is there an option to choose between sx os and Atmosphere?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes, you can literally just dump the files onto the SD card. As for Hekate, its a multi-purpose tool with many avenues to play around. You can setup a launch profile so you can just press an icon to launch your CFW of choice or chainload into a CFW. The guide I linked you earlier should explain everything.

5. phelen

phelen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Albania
    thanks, and sorry again for the hassle

6. theultikirby

theultikirby Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It is possible to edit ability chunks in Splatoon 2 offline and not be banned when going back online? The chunks are used to edit gear abilities for online play if anyone does not know who has not played the game. I know what the risks are in permanently editing my save file. I just want to edit the chunks and nothing else. I will also disable the CFW once I have the chunks.

Here is what I want to know. I have heard people say it is bannable, they have been banned, or they have been fine playing online. So what is the answer?

7. vampier206

vampier206 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hello, iv been out of the modding scene for awhile now an am trying to go about updating to a safe firmware on my already cfw modded switch. Im currently on " 9.1.0|ams 0.10.4|s " firmware
    i have hekate atmosphere and all that just rusty on the upgrading method and wanted to ask question b4 i bricked my switch
    just wanna play the new monster hunter an pkm snap.
    thank you for any and all help! :)

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If people have been banned, then the answer is pretty clear; there is a ban risk that cannot be avoided. The people who haven't been banned simply haven't been banned yet. Bans are distributed randomly at random times to prevent people from identifying what is and isn't safe. This way, people will either knowingly or unknowingly take a risk at getting banned only to wind up being banned. There is no way to avoid a ban outside of luck.

You can update your firmware using homebrew applications such as ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak.

9. TheGlow

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are there any guides or tutorials on how to work with reversenx and overclocking? I initially was just playing games as is, but some games have performance issues, or I saw have a 60fps patch that overclocking would benefit.
    Ive never tried reversenx but I believe that can allow higher res in handheld or lower res in docked for more performance.
    So I'm not sure if theres some general tutorials or perhaps a database of recommended settings, etc.

10. cathor

cathor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

ok, thanks. Was trying to launch Saga Frontier but got black screen. Though it was related to FW. Have to dig further then.

cheers

11. feezil

feezil Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been away for ages, I just need a couple of questions answered on my reintroduction back into it.

I have a unpatched switch, previously ran SXOS because I was lazy. I want to use atmosphere I believe, with a FAT32 formatted drive.

I did manage to get Atmosphere running with the Switch OS on the card in a partition.

Questions:
    • Can a Switch be banned if you revert back to the boot of the regular switch memory (SYSNAND) and play games online (Legal owned and eShop Purchased)?
    • How do you work with backups that are over 4GB? Is FAT32 still the way to go because of risk of corruption? What program and what file format should the split files come out as?
    • Can the Switch Serial number be hidden while booted into Atmosphere? Accidental going on the WIFI (Noob Kids)....
    • How do you upload the games onto the system? I have had issues with freezes using Nut...
    • Is Firmware 11.0.1 ok to use as the firmware for game compatibility?
    • What are patches that I see passed around?
    Thanks for the assist in advance. I am trying to get updated to the scene as it stands now.

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I tried to look one up but I don't think those exist which I believe is due to overclocking being game-specific. Some games may require move overclocking than others and vice-versa. It seems to be similar conceptually to game modding where the actual tweaks can only be fine tuned per game and cannot be done en masse. That being said, you should familiarize yourself with the tools then see which games you want to overclock then work from there.
    • A Switch can be banned when going online after running any sort of CFW or homebrew. It does not matter if you boot sysMMC or emuMMC nor does it matter if there are legally purchased games; what matters is if you go online after hacking it
    • There are multiple options which include splitting the files, network installation, or USB install. USB installation is usually the preferred method out of the three but the other two are sufficient in their own right
    • It would just be easier to not have Wi-Fi settings in the first place. After all, there is really no need for them on a hacked device
    • By "upload", I will assume you mean install in which case you can refer to my second bullet point when it comes to installing games
    • Firmware 11.0.1 is most likely the best firmware to be on at the moment especially compared to the newer firmware versions of 12.X
    • If you are using Atmosphere, you require patches to launch games you do not own. They can easily be found here on this very forum

13. feezil

feezil Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Draxzelex, thank you! This fills in some gaps.

So as I understand your comment,
    As long as you do not go online while in CFW and you have not tampered with the sysMMC I should be fine? I am talking about just a normal boot with no payloads. I know Nintendo has some logs it keeps and that is why I am asking for clarification.

Is there a way to disable WIFI while in CFW?

14. bassem

bassem Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    hi guys
    i have nitendo switch with XS OS v3.1.0 and firmware 11.0.0 and ihave download luigi mansion 3 and it dsoent apper at all in album
    in games or installer and ahave try the both XCI and NSB format dose any one now the reason

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes, as long sysMMC has not been tampered, it is perfectly safe to go online. Also, I don't know of any way to disable Wi-Fi in CFW but Atmosphere recently introduced dns.mitm which is a way to enable DNS blocking while in CFW. I'm not sure of the details in setting it up but I'm sure there is a place somewhere that explains how to properly enable it.

What do you mean? Did you place it on your SD card? If so and you mean it is not showing up in any title installer, make sure the name of the file doesn't have any weird or special characters in it.

16. vampier206

vampier206 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    okay yes i have that app but wha ti s the current safest firmware ver

17. CassioAug

CassioAug GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I can't make a HBMenu NSP that works anymore with Nro2Nsp. It used to work just fine in the past. Is it necessary a new method that I am not aware?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Anything below firmware 12.0 is fine since that is the one that breaks some homebrew applications. Actually speaking of which...

As I explained to the other person in this post, firmware 12.0 broke all forwarders. However it would appear that someone forked NRO2NSP and updated it for firmware 12.0 here. If you prefer one with a GUI, someone made that as well.

CassioAug likes this.
  19. Themscope

Themscope Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I need help with my sigpatches i cant get them to work none of my games open and i cant get out of applet mode and run awoo installer

20. C7XL

C7XL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    We need more information than that, like what firmware you're on and what Atmosphère version as well to further help you.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH