1. bloodpancake

bloodpancake Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have been using ns-usbloader with tinwoo to install xci/nsp. It works very well over usb. Both are available from Github.

You will also need the Java runtime environment to use ns-usbloader which you can get for free from the oracle website.

All you do is start up ns-usbloader on your pc, select the nsp or xci files you want to install, and then using tinwoo on your switch select install from USB. Just make sure you go to settings on ns-usbloader first and install the driver for it to detect your switch properly. I didn't know I needed to do that the first time and it kept failing.

2. jimbo11

jimbo11 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah, so my whole plan of having a Nintendo-online sysnand and an emunand that's connected to the internet but blocks Nintendo servers and just uses internet for updates and possible local multiplayer spoofing is not as bulletproof as I thought, then? Because if the emunand situation breaks and ends up contacting Nintendo's servers for whatever reason, then my sysnand would end up banned as well. Hmm...

3. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
  4. SkyDX

SkyDX Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)

Germany
    Hmm alright. Just for reference, I was talking about Step 7 here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-switchroot-android-10.4229761/

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Use ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware and update your CFW before updating your firmware by putting the new CFW files on your SD card.

Well as long as you are not going online with emuMMC, the chances of that happening are very slim. Utilities such as 90DNS and Incognito have served the community well thus far and no one has been banned for either of them failing although some people have lost their backups after using Incognito which resulted in an indirect ban. The point is you will be fine blocking Nintendo communications.

So it seems that you do need to dump something from your Joy-Cons in order to use Android. Whether or not you will need to redump them with a new set of Joy-Cons is beyond my expertise unfortunately.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Thank you, i tried ns-subloader and redownloaded the driver + reboot and this fixed it :)

Draxzelex likes this.
  7. SkyDX

SkyDX Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)

Germany
    Alright well I'll see what happens then I guess and hope :P

Draxzelex likes this.
  8. rvkrules

rvkrules Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi all, I have Atmosphere installed and installed Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I also have the latest version installed (1.9..). I keep my Switch on airplane mode and havent connected to wifi much to avoid getting blocked.

When i try to boot the game for the first it tells me to try off Airplane mode and to check if its the latest version. Does anyone know how to get around this?

I dont have this issue with any other games at the moment. Thanks in advance!

9. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
    If you have or get Goldleaf homebrew app you can fix this. Open Goldleaf in HBmenu, goto "Manage Console Contents", select "Sd card" or "Nand" (depending on where your game is installed), then select your game title, select "Base Title", then select "Reset Launch Version"
    Good luck and have fun!
    https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases/tag/0.9

10. rvkrules

rvkrules Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the suggestion but it didnt solve the issue work for me :(

It says the version reset was successful but then still asks that i turn off Airplane mode when i try to boot the game.

Last edited by rvkrules, Mar 4, 2021
  11. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
    Game requirements says it has offline mode, so that is weird. When that comes up, can you press any buttons and get past that?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

try reading this:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...intendo-account-requirement-for-games.547721/

12. rvkrules

rvkrules Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks. per your 1st question it just says 'Please turn flight mode off' and doesn't let me get past that. I actually just realized that i also i have the same issue with NBA 2k21.

I had a quick look at the thread you shared - looks quite complicated but will see if i can understand and if it helps to resolve.

13. CPG

CPG haggis!

Canada
    no

14. Nym5

Nym5 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi all,

I have a Switch with SX OS and Emunand Installed and I want to switch to Atmosphere Emunand.
    I've found a few tutorials online but either they have links that doesn't work anymore or have a language that are way too hard for me to follow. Can anyone link an easy to follow tutorial that helps me to convert my SX OS Emunand to Atmosphere?

Thanks in advance.

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-sd-setup-for-moving-from-sxos-to-atmosphere.581237/

16. DMcGinnis

DMcGinnis Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    So tried installing a custom theme and now i get this. Deleted the themes from my sd card and still get this now.
    How would you guys fix it? D4459AD5-75BA-422E-87E1-FFDA11871449.jpeg

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Whatever you deleted wasn't the theme because that program ID refers to qLaunch which is only affected by themes. Delete that program ID from your contents folder.

18. DMcGinnis

DMcGinnis Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sorry but how do i find whatever has that id?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It will be the folder that ends in 1000. Most of the leading numbers are identical across the other folders that would be in contents.

20. DMcGinnis

DMcGinnis Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks a million. Your a ton of help! Im just gona say screw it to a custom theme. Screw something up everytime i try.

Draxzelex likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH