1. Ashir

Ashir Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    You don't need to manually paritition the card, that is made in Hekate. If you already made the backup and copy to your PC, delete the partitions, leave the card as RAW and reformat it as FAT32, copy the content of the zip made in sdsetup and continue from this step

Put back the card into the Switch, go to Hekate, tools, select Arch bit · RCM · Touch · Partitions, select Partition SD Card. In the next screen the rd bar emuMMC (RAW) should stay at mid (29 GB). Select Next Step to begin the partitioning. When it's done, select Close, and then Home.

Select emuMMC, create emuMMC, in the next screen select SD Partition (if it fails select SD File). Select the part tha shows up in the next screen (usually it's the 1). When it's done select Close.

Select Change emuMMC. select SD RAW 1, it should say Enabled with a green check. When it's done select close.

Turn off the Switch retrieve the card, put it on the PC, copy the contents of the zip again, turn on the Switch on RCM again, select the payload fusee-primary and inject it.

When the switch starts select Atmosphere and that's it. If everything it's ok your Switch should boot into Armosphere 0.18.

If by any chance you have any problem, take a picture and upload it to see what the problem is.

2. Dredengreg

Dredengreg Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Aand I'm back. I should come here for more than just asking for help lol.

So my Switch was running fine, fairly certain I upgraded to firmware 11 a little while back. For the last little while, every game was prompting me to update and I avoided it well. Until now. Accidently pressed update, now my Switch is stuck in Hekate (v5.3.4) and when I go to launch from any of the 3 (sysMMC, emuMMC and Stock) I get an error going:

Unknown pkg1 version.
    HOS version not supported!
    Failed to launch HOS.

I'm assuming I need to update something, either atmosphere, hekate, the sigpatches or all 3, but just wanted to throw my question in here as well as I work towards an answer.

Anyways, thanks as always!

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    At the very least, your Hekate needs to be updated because that is a very old version. If you haven't already, you should also update Atmosphere and your patches just in case.

4. Dredengreg

Dredengreg Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yep, I updated my Hekate, Atmopshere, and sig patches and now I'm back in.

Now to make sure everything is still working. I did notice right away that I'm getting a "your game card cannot be read, put it out then back in" warnings.

Thanks for the really quick reply!

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Firmware 11.0 introduced an irreversible update for the cartridge slot. Atmosphere by default blocks this through the nogc patch. What nogc does is it temporarily stops your cartridge slot from working because if it doesn't work, then it cannot be irreversibly updated. You can choose to disable nogc if you want to but in doing so, the cartridge slot will irreversibly update and you will no longer be able to use it on firmware versions below 11.0 which could be useful for future exploits such as a possible theoretical untethered coldboot exploit. At the end of the day, the decision is yours to make on whether or not you want to irreversibly update your cartridge slot.

6. Dredengreg

Dredengreg Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Interesting. So if I don't disable nogc, then I won't be able to use the slot, right?

Tbh I'm only missing a couple backups of the games I have, it was just easier to use the cartridge. I think I'll just use this as an excuse to finish that process.

Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it. Though one last question, while I have you, if you don't mind. I keep my Switch completely offline, haven't connected to wifi in years, yet those update prompts still come every once in a while. Is this just through the various games I update or plug in?

And again, thank you!

7. TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It worked as intended btw. Thanks.

Draxzelex likes this.
  8. switchhctiws

switchhctiws Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Thank you, that all worked perfectly. :)

Ashir likes this.
  9. Ashir

Ashir Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Glad to be helpful.

10. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have 2 save data for Splatoon 2 - one is legit, unedited save for online profile and other one is 100% shared and edited for offline profile so do both saves can be scanned if I went online on online profile?

11. XPG0

XPG0 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    hello am trying to format my sdcard and i can not see a option for it in windows only exfat and ntfs the sdcard is a 256gb

12. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
    Have to use a program like AOMEI Partition Assistant, windows won't format to Fat32 on sd cards over 32gb. You can find that one or many others like it online for free. Good Luck!

Last edited by BigOnYa, Feb 19, 2021
    XPG0 likes this.
  13. XPG0

XPG0 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    thank you i know have it formatted at fat32

BigOnYa likes this.
  14. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Fan

France
    I find GUI Format32, a better tool to do that...;)

Last edited by Maupiti, Feb 19, 2021
    BigOnYa likes this.
  15. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
    Yea that one is good too, there's lots of them availible now luckily for free.

16. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yeah, you’re right...GUI Format32 is just very light and reliable. I do use AMOEI, but for backingup my hdd system or clone.

Last edited by Maupiti, Feb 19, 2021
    BigOnYa likes this.
  17. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    guiformat or you can use hekate to do format it :O

Maupiti and BigOnYa like this.
  18. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Fan

France
    You’re perfectly right, all depends the « way « , @XPG0 access the sd card.

BigOnYa likes this.
  19. XPG0

XPG0 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    i did it on my pc with AOMEI Partition Assistant and it worked fine 249gb as fat32

Maupiti and BigOnYa like this.
  20. schatzi123

schatzi123 Member
    Newcomer

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    i did, same things, nothing changed, all games works fine, except 3d mario world..
    what else I can do?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH