Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm indeed. I am was tempted to disable 90dns, in emuNAND, and just download it but it still can't connect to the servers when I do that that.

Do I need to disable 90dns in stock firmware as well to get back on line ?

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hi it is possible in anyway emunand can touch the sysnand or the saves used by the sysnand ? I did a thread about it so I will not reask the question but in theory my question is possible ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I am not sure how it could be thought the updates were cumulative; if they were then each update would have to be bigger than the last and they clearly aren't.

TBH I would happily be proved wrong with the majority of games as the thought of installing 25+GB of updates for Super Smash Bros fills me with dread ;) But, not trying to be rude about it but the only post on this thread saying they are cumulative is you and there other forums around stating (by many users) that they aren't.

Obviously it's no biggie to download just the latest update and see if it works [ and then hope they don't have to be installed in order ;) ] but I am just saying that, from what I've read, it's very confusing.

EDIT: LOL - well there goes my theory, even with all 10 updates installed, Overcooked 2 still says there is an update to download.
I'm not sure where you get your information from but everyone agrees updates are cumulative. If you Google search it, the top 2 results are multiple people saying updates are cumulative which I will link here and here. Not to mention that other user who mentioned that Overcooked is more likely a fringe case rather than the norm because, again, updates are cumulative. Why they are smaller is due to better compression.

hi, i used atomsphere only for smash ultimate mods so far.(so just hekate + atmosphere booting in sysnand) today i installed emuMMC and got the sigpatches (from here https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches). now my question is, can i still boot in sysnand using atmosphere without loading those patches? if yes, how?
You don't need patches to boot CFW. They are only needed to install and launch backups.
Hmmm indeed. I am was tempted to disable 90dns, in emuNAND, and just download it but it still can't connect to the servers when I do that that.

Do I need to disable 90dns in stock firmware as well to get back on line ?
Do you have anything else enabled in emuMMC that is blocking Nintendo's servers such as Airplane Mode, Stealth Mode, Incognito, etc.?

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you have anything else enabled in emuMMC that is blocking Nintendo's servers such as Airplane Mode, Stealth Mode, Incognito, etc.?

Yeah, wifi erased, airplane, incognito and 90dns only on a lan cable if I dock my switch by mistake with the adapter on but never happened

But still it is possible to touch the sysnand with the emunand?

Yasaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could just...remove them.
but i dont want to delete and copy the patches everytime i want to use smash mods. cant you just define this in the bootfile of hekate? i know that you can deactivate the kip patches throught the config in hekate but i think the exefs patches are loaded everytime.

moguliam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently a way to softmod a 9.2.0 firmware Switch that according to the Damota SSNC site is patched? Or do I have to use a modchip?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i dont want to delete and copy the patches everytime i want to use smash mods. cant you just define this in the bootfile of hekate? i know that you can deactivate the kip patches throught the config in hekate but i think the exefs patches are loaded everytime.
No, you cannot configure Hekate to not read patches. That would require a custom build of Hekate with that type of support.

Is there currently a way to softmod a 9.2.0 firmware Switch that according to the Damota SSNC site is patched? Or do I have to use a modchip?
There is not and may never be a way to softmod a patched Switch on 9.2. You either have to buy an SX Modchip which is not only hard to find but may not be ideal as key members of TX were arrested so support for the CFW may cease or get an unpatched unit.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where you get your information from but everyone agrees updates are cumulative. If you Google search it, the top 2 results are multiple people saying updates are cumulative which I will link here and here. Not to mention that other user who mentioned that Overcooked is more likely a fringe case rather than the norm because, again, updates are cumulative. Why they are smaller is due to better compression.

You don't need patches to boot CFW. They are only needed to install and launch backups.

My 10TB Switch HDD that is running low on space & I thank you.

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: Draxzelex

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
few quick questions, i am running hekate atmosphere. i am on system 10.2.0 ams 0.14.4js

is it worth updating?
whats best way of transferring files to nintendo swtich via usb-c on windows?

should i update ? not been on scene for a few months

Zaxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys I haven't change anything on my switch for the past year,
I'm still on 8.1.0 atmosphere 0.9.4 and my question is what software is now stable for cfw and the best to have?
something higher than 8.1.0?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
few quick questions, i am running hekate atmosphere. i am on system 10.2.0 ams 0.14.4js

is it worth updating?
whats best way of transferring files to nintendo swtich via usb-c on windows?

should i update ? not been on scene for a few months

you can update atmosphere
You can file transfer via hekate or ftp

hi guys I haven't change anything on my switch for the past year,
I'm still on 8.1.0 atmosphere 0.9.4 and my question is what software is now stable for cfw and the best to have?
something higher than 8.1.0?

Atmosphere 0.15.0 is the latest, and stable firmware is anything above 9.1.0. update using the new homebrew app daybreak

Zaxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere 0.15.0 is the latest, and stable firmware is anything above 9.1.0. update using the new homebrew app daybreak
Thanks, I already updated emummc to 10.0.0 and newest atmosphere.

I have another question, I'm using emummc, but is that possible to only have cfw software without stock software on emmc just to save space, basically I don't need to play online, I need internet on console to download stuff only, and I'm using 90dns and incognito

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, I already updated emummc to 10.0.0 and newest atmosphere.

I have another question, I'm using emummc, but is that possible to only have cfw software without stock software on emmc just to save space, basically I don't need to play online, I need internet on console to download stuff only, and I'm using 90dns and incognito

I would have it the other way around so that your system nand is OFW and emunand as cfw

wormbug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! i apologize if this question is stupid. i have encountered a problem where my switch will not boot into rcm. i've been booting it into rcm for months now and i can't fathom why it's stopped working (same switch, same jig i bought from amazon and the same method of holding down the volume up button and the power button) would this be a switch issue or an issue with the jig being broken? i'm guessing the issue is the jig and i've already ordered a new one however i was wondering if there was a quick solution to this problem.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hello! i apologize if this question is stupid. i have encountered a problem where my switch will not boot into rcm. i've been booting it into rcm for months now and i can't fathom why it's stopped working (same switch, same jig i bought from amazon and the same method of holding down the volume up button and the power button) would this be a switch issue or an issue with the jig being broken? i'm guessing the issue is the jig and i've already ordered a new one however i was wondering if there was a quick solution to this problem.

Some things to try

Hold power button for 15-20 seconds, reboot switch into RCM
Reboot PC (assuming you are using pc to launch)
bending your jig back into shape a bit

Once you are back in rcm I highly recommend enabling autoRCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1