1. Mr_P

Mr_P Advanced Member
    Newcomer

So guys, looking for a little help here:

The switch was working fine playing a game and was turned off just by pressing the power button im guessing whilst game wasnt closed from main menu. The SD card was removed in order to add some more games to it which was done. However, on putting the SD card back into the system and loading up the following message appeared:

pkg2 decryption failed
    is sept updated
    failed to launch HOS
    press any key to continue.....

After which it boots back to the hekate menu.

Honestly I will try and answer as much as I can regarding setup, but this is what I have and what I have done since.

I first setup the switch a long time ago using this guide https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/ and using SDsetup.com as well.

I power on switch using TegraRcmGui, selecting hekate 5.2.1, choose "CFW (emummc) and this was followed by an "Atmos" logo, then a "sept" logo and it would boot into CFW.

I believe I have the lateset atmosphere and firmware.

I had tried the following:
    1 - updating hekate to 5.3.3 as well as using the "update reboot 2 payload" when doing so.
    2 -adding / updating sigpatches to see if its that.
    3 - Booting using fusee-primary but that gives me a black screen and doesn't boot
    4 - Deleted the added games after
    5 - Ran Fix Archive Bit and it set 2 items at first now its none
    6 - If i go into "more configs" on bootloader screen it says "no ini or boot entries found" if that may be relevant?

Looked into maybe having to delete the whole atmosphere folder and replacing but didnt as I dont know if that will affect anything else such as the "PRODINFO" for hiding the ip etc that you can do

Think that's about it but wanted to avoid a clean install and lose games for now so thought id ask here. I appreciate any help you might be able to provide and if you need some file info from the system loaded you may need to say where to find that info please

UPDATE:
    =======

1 - image attached from logs
    2- here is my hekate.ipl
    [config]
    autoboot=0
    autoboot_list=0
    bootwait=3
    backlight=161
    autohosoff=1
    autonogc=1
    updater2p=1

[CFW (emuMMC)]
    emummcforce=1
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock]
    emummc_force_disable=1
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
    stock=1

UPDATE 2:
    =========

Put in my old SD card from when i upgraded and it all works fine other than saying the nyx is old. Sooo...... would I just be able to replace select folders and get it up and running and if so do I then just update atmosphere etc?

thanks again

Attached Files:

Last edited by Mr_P, Oct 26, 2020
  2. reddead95

reddead95 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ExFat.

3. DemonSurfer

DemonSurfer Member
    Newcomer

I haven't used my Switch for a while,probably a couple of months and usually went with AtlasNX Kosmos but believe that's no longer updated... what would be the best option now? Do i need to completely uninstall Kosmos? Need new sig patches etc? Thanks.

4. jy67676

jy67676 Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I got a switch that has the following version of the software

rcm loader v1.2

9.10 AMS 0.10.5|S

What are the steps to update it to the latest?

Thanks

5. RookieHaxer

RookieHaxer Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry this is my third time posting my issue in this thread but to have no one respond. Is there really no one who can help me out with this? :(

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Try updating Atmosphere to the latest version.

You shouldn't be using exFAT as it can corrupt your SD card. Switch to FAT32

First off, Kosmos is not a CFW; it is just a package of Atmosphere and Hekate so it was never installed. This also means you can just update Hekate and Atmosphere without relying on Kosmos for future updates. And if you are going to continue using Hekate and Atmosphere, you can get the latest patches from here.
    Download the latest Atmosphere, remove the old CFW files from your SD card, and place the new ones on there. As for updating your firmware, you can use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak.

7. reddead95

reddead95 Member
    Newcomer

United States

8. anxo396

anxo396 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi Guys, I wanted to ask a little question:

The thing is: i am willing to install chiaki to play remote PS4 games (the idea of a handheld ps4 just melts me down), but my emuNAND has always been offline to prevent ban (and I have done plenty of ban-justifying stuff).

So here comes my question: If I now go online on my emuNAND, provided that I am using 90DNS/sxstealthmode, is there any “new” chance Nintendo gets me compared to being offline?

9. warlover

warlover Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I followed NH Switch Guide to load CFW, everything works fine, I have 256GB microSD card and by followed the guide, it formatted FAT32, is there way I can change to exFAT? Thanks

10. Mr_P

Mr_P Advanced Member
    Newcomer

11. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    You want it as fat32, there is less corruption that way while providing the most compatibility with system firmware

warlover likes this.
  12. jucaa

jucaa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My switch been taking too long to instal nsp, about 2 hours for a 10 gb game, via usb, sd card or internet and using any installer, awoo, goldleaf or tinfoil, is this normal?
    I remember it took a lot less time before.

13. lettuce

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ive just made aware of haku33, is this a good alternative to use to getting your Sysnand back to stock??

14. OnlyTugBoat

OnlyTugBoat Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I am using both latest Hekate and Atmosphere.

15. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    SO, how to put games or files greater than 4GB if FAT32 is the best option?

16. reddead95

reddead95 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    OK update got a new SD card and now I get this when loading into received_273485760651802.jpeg
    I made sure to use a new download of the newest software everything for atmosphere. Right now I just ordered the part for a replacement for the SD card reader. So maybe that should fix that error. Another thing I just found out that's really weird when I try to boot up and launch the system it will go completely black on the screen but then I found out something weird if I try to replug in my switched it shows are rcm but instead of launching into the switch it goes back to the main page being ready to launch up the screen 20201026_151743.jpg .... sigh it acts like it stuck in recovery mode.

17. Mr_P

Mr_P Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi again,

so I have finally resolved that my sd card is corrupted and I cannot get the cfw to boot. I have tried an old cfw sd card and it works. Originally followed this guide https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ so I have backups of the NAND and prodkeys and prodinfo, etc. What method would I use to completely clean the SD card and start again using emummc so that nothing is affected and I can restart from scratch.
    Attached is how my setup looked before as a reference
    I would've thought things may be more refined since the guide I used :lol:

thanks all

Attached Files:

18. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    bad sd card?

The only way I would fully trust is having an original clean backup you took yourself. They even say it may not 100% work on the github. - in saying that its probably better than messing with a tonne of files manually. Make a backup first.

Use usb/network install with tinfoil or awoo installer.

You might have a damaged pin on the actual motherboard side of the microsd card connector, which I've found is the more common issue over the actual card reader itself. There are people that can repair it based on your location, however.

Use guiformat to put the sd card to fat32, redownload all the cfw files and place them from the new download on the fresh formatted microsd card. do not use the ones already on there as they are likely corrupted. Then follow the guide like normal for setting up emunand

19. Mr_P

Mr_P Advanced Member
    Newcomer

So just show how my sd is currently partitioned - should i delete all partitions then setup the same way or just use guiformat on a specific partition?

Attached Files:

20. simsimsim

simsimsim GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So I fully charged my NS to 100% this morning because I'm boarding a flight. 2 hours later when I'm on the plane, I tried turning on the NS and it won't turn on at all. After I got back home, apparently the reason why it won't turn on it's because it had no battery...Has this happened to anyone before? This is really weird because I'm sure the NS should be fully charged. It's running on CFW with auto RCM enabled. Could this have caused the battery to drain for some reason? (even though this rarely happens, only happened once before in my memory).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH