1. grimon

grimon Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Hi, is emuiibo working for sx os?
    i'm on latest version of sx and switch fw.

i keep getting error code: 2168-0002
    Thank you for your help

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Are you properly shutting down the console?

Then the issue might be Goldleaf. Try using a better title installer such as Awoo Installer.

3. GrandZeldaGamer

GrandZeldaGamer GBAtemp Regular
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    quick question. is there any softmod for the mariko switches? and are there any that arent limited to firmware versions?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There is not and there may never be one.

5. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello, I just began following the Homebrew Guide to mod a switch for my daughters Christmas Present. I checked the serial and it is good (green). I installed TegraRCMGUI. When I turn off the Switch, install the jig I bought, hold down the volume up button, and press the power button, nothing happens (which I know is good) it appears to be in rcm mode. If I remove the jig and hold power again nothing happens, and then if I do it again the unit starts like normal. So I assume I powered down out of RCM mode and then started as usual. My issue is when I plug in the USBC cable there is no usb connected sound and TegraRCMGUI says no rcm detected. I went to options and installed the TegraRCMGUI drivers (windows 8 laptop) and it says they install successfully. If I go back to install the drivers again it does say "no drivers detected" or something like that and lets me do it again. Any Idea what I am doing wrong or a possible fix? I have a cheap USBC cable so I am going to try to buy a better one today, but the switch did see my wired network when attached to the laptop so it appears to work. Thanks

6. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Maybe try it once again, but set a hook at the auto inject setting in the tegraRCMgui app.
    Then apply the jig and hold vol+ while connecting the usb cable...

7. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Ok thanks, I will give that a try tomorrow and post back.

8. GlopinBoopin

GlopinBoopin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i just now tried to use rcm to boot into cfw but it croupted my sd card is it safe to mod it again?

9. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    For my issue above. It was the USB C cable. bought a new one and it made the sound and rcm was recognized. thanks

10. gRuNt

gRuNt Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    So I can buy a banned Switch Lite for an OK price, I know I can't access the eShop and play online. But can I download new firmwares when they come out ? Or game updates ? Or is all that blocked as well ? And only thing I would be able to do on that console is play unpatched cartridge games ?

11. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    How gets a switch lite banned? SX lite inbuild?

12. gRuNt

gRuNt Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Who knows, there are few sellers with banned Lites, none of them have any soft or hard mods.

13. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Idk, only way to get an unhackable device banned, is scam or credit card fraud, I guess.
    How much does the lite cost?

14. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Got everything Modded. Is there any way to get the tiles that show in "Album" menu to show in the main Switch menu? For example I would like PSNES or Retroarch to show in the main menu so It shows right away when the switch loads. Thanks

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You would have to install them as .NSP files. Many homebrew applications don't come as .NSP files so you will have to make your own using Nro2Nsp

laz305 likes this.
  16. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
  17. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    First thanks so much for the software guys that got me this far. I followed the homebrew guide exactly and, using hekate, made a emuMMC, and used SD Setup recommended defaults for files. Everything works great. Until I try to use goldleaf to install. I have tried direct from the sd and from the pc using quark. I also tried a different file. I keep getting errors, either unknown or "might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware". I have tried some sig patch fixes with no luck and my hekate.ipl.ini does not contain kip1patch=nosigchk but when I try to add it the boot fails loading it. I am sure I am being stupid but I could really use some step by step to get these patches and or other fix in place. thanks for the help

18. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    Use tinfoil or awoo

Make sure your firmware is up-to-date

Make sure you have the right sigpatches

19. ICUDude

ICUDude Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi Thanks for the answer. I looked up tinfoil but it states that it does not work with hekate, would it work if from the hekate main screen I selected to launch the basic atmosphere?. I'll check out awoo. Firmware - I got everything from sd setup yesterday so they should be newest versions and the Switch updated when I wiped it before starting. Please, could you assume I am simple, and explain to me exactly how to make sure I have the right sig patches?

20. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    Okay since it's the scene, there are two different lots of sig patches, one lot of sig patches is for fusee-primary.bin, the other lot of sigpatches is for if you boot with hekate. They are both here on the temp with the appropriate titles

Hekate Sig Patches
    Fusee-Primary Sig Patches

For using tinfoil you need to use straight fusee-primary or another direct CFW ;)

laz305 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH