Hacking Switch New unpatched with 4.1.0 or used 2.1.0

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I can buy one of these Switches, which one would you recommend for hacking now or in the near future?
New unpatched with 4.1.0 or used 2.1.0
The only difference I see in "firmware status" thread is no webkit exploit in 4.1.0. Would this be an issue?
Money wise, either is fine for me
If webkit exploit is not that important, maybe 4.1 is better so it works with more games that require higher firmware?
Thanks very much

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Money wise, either is fine for me

If you have the disposable income, I'd say BOTH.
With the new FG-immune ipatched Switches in the wild, along with the incoming Mariko Switches, imo any Switch that is vulnerable to FG is soon going to be rare and most probably priced MUCH higher than they are now.

I'd upgrade one to 5.1 without burning fuses, and use it with nogc (so that I can go back by restoring a NAND backup, with no damage to fuses or cart fw).
Personally, I'd use the used one so I can keep the "new" unit in pristine condition, not get any minor scratches on it or whatnot, but ymmv.

Last edited by bundat,

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks both
I guess there is no point to buy 4.1.0 AND 3.0.2 as they are both in the same "bracket/category" ?!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd get whichever one is cheaper. Money aside, I'd get the 2.1.0 Switch for the possibility of a coldboot exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)