Hacking Switch never linked online, SX OS, NSPs, should I go online?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the information. Where is the nro file? Do I have to compile this?
Nx-dreport has been removed from the public as removing clearing error logs can flag you for a ban. I highly recommend you do not search for this tool nor use it or you will risk getting yourself banned for no reason.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the information. Where is the nro file? Do I have to compile this?
It's a .kip file, and apparently you'll have to find it somewhere online, they stopped hosting it on the official repo because for general use it's not recommended to use it.
I actually found a copy in an old commit on tumGER's SDFiles repo: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSw...7a2c9978d4dc896/Hekate/modules/nx-dreport.kip

You have to set it up to run as a module, in Hekate you'd add it to an entry in your hekate_ipl.ini file. Or with ReiNX you just drop it in a /ReiNX/sysmodules/ directory.

So quick question about all of this. Only game i plan on playing online is Smash bros and thats still a couple months away.

When i first bought my switch(second hand) i did a system restore and then did a nand backup. So i have a clean 5.1.0 nand backup. Since then i've been using ReNix and installing nsps but never went online.

Once smash bros comes out do i just reinstall my clean nand-Update to whatever firmware is latest and just play online as normal?

Is there anyway to switch between "cfw" and stock? Since all cfw has to be "loaded" into and not flashed i assume there would be. I have no intentions using piracy games online but i would like to continue to use my switch for homebrew emulators while im on the go and then be able to go online with my genuine copy of smash bros while at home.

Yes, you can switch between CFW and Stock, but it's always a pain in the butt to do. It will be much better when we get true emunand. For now, any time you switch to stock you have to restore your latest "clean" nand backup, and then any time you want to start using CFW you need to make a new "clean" NAND backup first. If this sounds long and time-consuming, that's because it is. Emunand will make this much easier. Another alternative is to buy a replacement eMMC board for your Switch off of eBay or aliexpress (they run around $20). Then you can flash your NAND backup to the replacement board, and switch back and forth between them. Perhaps you can cut a door in your Switch casing to make this easier.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just realized you said you used ChoiDujour to update to 5.1. 5.1 added flags that will get you banned for clearing error logs. I personally still run nx-dreport at every boot and haven't been banned, I personally think it's more likely to receive a ban for an error log being saved and sent out due to homebrew use than a slight inconsistency with the number of error logs, plus since I run it every time I get an error no errors really get an opportunity to be sent out.

Do with that what you will. You don't have a "clean" NAND backup, there's no way of 100% guaranteeing that you're not going to get banned sooner or later. Might as well take a few obvious precautions (like not using backups online), and enjoy playing online while you can.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a .kip file, and apparently you'll have to find it somewhere online, they stopped hosting it on the official repo because for general use it's not recommended to use it.
I actually found a copy in an old commit on tumGER's SDFiles repo: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSw...7a2c9978d4dc896/Hekate/modules/nx-dreport.kip

You have to set it up to run as a module, in Hekate you'd add it to an entry in your hekate_ipl.ini file. Or with ReiNX you just drop it in a /ReiNX/sysmodules/ directory.

Yes, you can switch between CFW and Stock, but it's always a pain in the butt to do. It will be much better when we get true emunand. For now, any time you switch to stock you have to restore your latest "clean" nand backup, and then any time you want to start using CFW you need to make a new "clean" NAND backup first. If this sounds long and time-consuming, that's because it is. Emunand will make this much easier. Another alternative is to buy a replacement eMMC board for your Switch off of eBay or aliexpress (they run around $20). Then you can flash your NAND backup to the replacement board, and switch back and forth between them. Perhaps you can cut a door in your Switch casing to make this easier.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just realized you said you used ChoiDujour to update to 5.1. 5.1 added flags that will get you banned for clearing error logs. I personally still run nx-dreport at every boot and haven't been banned, I personally think it's more likely to receive a ban for an error log being saved and sent out due to homebrew use than a slight inconsistency with the number of error logs, plus since I run it every time I get an error no errors really get an opportunity to be sent out.

Do with that what you will. You don't have a "clean" NAND backup, there's no way of 100% guaranteeing that you're not going to get banned sooner or later. Might as well take a few obvious precautions (like not using backups online), and enjoy playing online while you can

I used ChoiDujour to install the exfat update but this was AFTER i already made a NAND backup. Making a NAND backup was the very first thing i did once entering RCM mode. Why would my NAND not be considered "Clean"?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used ChoiDujour to install the exfat update but this was AFTER i already made a NAND backup. Making a NAND backup was the very first thing i did once entering RCM mode. Why would my NAND not be considered "Clean"?

That portion was meant for the OP, who hasn't mentioned anything about having a clean NAND backup. You should be fine restoring what you have. Just make sure to always make a new backup before switching back to CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...