Hacking Switch never linked online, SX OS, NSPs, should I go online?

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

My Switch is running SX OS, in stealth mode. I have some NSPs installed, some XCIs, and I updated FW with ChoiDujour to 5.1. Should I link my unit with a nintendo account? Should I turn on wifi? Thoughts?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all.

My Switch is running SX OS, in stealth mode. I have some NSPs installed, some XCIs, and I updated FW with ChoiDujour to 5.1. Should I link my unit with a nintendo account? Should I turn on wifi? Thoughts?

Why would you link your unit if you're using hacks that's just dumb.And yes of course you should turn off wi fi, it's pointless to have it on if you're using stealth mode, it just wastes battery

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do it. You will get banned due to having nsps installed.

Xcis are safer. I've had a switch on stealth mode running xci for about 3 weeks now or maybe more, and still not banned.

You will get banned for nsps no doubt

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to remove all traces of the NSPs that are currently installed to possibly circumvent a ban?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Xcis are safer. I've had a switch on stealth mode running xci for about 3 weeks now or maybe more, and still not banned.

No you wont. If you don't go online AT ALL(which is the case here) he wont get banned

Is there a way to remove all traces of the NSPs that are currently installed to possibly circumvent a ban?

I believe you can delete the faulty tickets that the .NSP create but i'm not sure exactly how. I think it's with tinfoil but, again, i'm not 100% sure

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went thru the Switch system preferences and deleted all save data and games that were NSPs.....so would there be more I need to delete?

Spunky247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont go online with a hacked console if you dont want to become banned. If you dont get banned now there is a high risk it will happen sooner or later! :teach:

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you wont. If you don't go online AT ALL(which is the case here) he wont get banned

I believe you can delete the faulty tickets that the .NSP create but i'm not sure exactly how. I think it's with tinfoil but, again, i'm not 100% sure
What? He's asking if he should go online. What do you mean he won't get banned? Lol

He will get banned if he goes online with nsps installed. Stop spreading false info

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have a clean NAND backup, you're probably going to get banned.

If you don't have a clean NAND backup, you may get banned, but you'll never know unless you try. There's no point in avoiding getting banned by staying offline if you're just going to get banned whenever you go online anyway. I'd recommend deleting all your installed titles, using Tinfoil to delete all your tickets (may or may not help), using nx-dreport to clear error logs (I know people will argue with me on that but in this case I think it's your safest bet), and finally doing a system format. Make a NAND backup, as this is probably as clean as your NAND is ever going to get, and try playing online. Stay away from SX OS, see if you're still able to play online after a week or two. If so, I'd continue making a restoring NAND backups as other people (myself included) have recommended around here to switch between SX OS and a "stock" setup. If you get banned, it was inevitable.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What? He's asking if he should go online. What do you mean he won't get banned? Lol

He will get banned if he goes online with nsps installed. Stop spreading false info

No he's asking if he should link his unit with a Nintendo account. Also re read my comment more carefully. He wont be banned IF HE DOESN'T GO ONLINE. What you said makes it sound like he will be banned JUST for having .NSP installed. If anyone is spreading false information it's you

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have a clean NAND backup, you're probably going to get banned.

If you don't have a clean NAND backup, you may get banned, but you'll never know unless you try. There's no point in avoiding getting banned by staying offline if you're just going to get banned whenever you go online anyway. I'd recommend deleting all your installed titles, using Tinfoil to delete all your tickets (may or may not help), using nx-dreport to clear error logs (I know people will argue with me on that but in this case I think it's your safest bet), and finally doing a system format. Make a NAND backup, as this is probably as clean as your NAND is ever going to get, and try playing online. Stay away from SX OS, see if you're still able to play online after a week or two. If so, I'd continue making a restoring NAND backups as other people (myself included) have recommended around here to switch between SX OS and a "stock" setup. If you get banned, it was inevitable.
Can you link me to nx-dreport?
Thanks

Reactions: CaptSaveAHoe

CaptSaveAHoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never linked my account and im on 5.1.0 sx 2.0 when i load nes online it asks me to link then when i try it says update.....anyway around that?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

How did you check? Booting OFW will disable stealth mode, and as soon as stealth mode is disabled all the logs will be sent. Stealth mode is only good if you keep it in stealth mode or offline permanently.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link me to nx-dreport?
Thanks
https://github.com/Thog/nx-dreport

I know that it says to use Atmosphere's creport instead, but creport redirects your logs to the microSD and disables telemetry, it doesn't delete existing logs (because in most cases, it's not advised to). But in your specific case of trying to get back to a clean NAND, I really think it makes sense to go ahead and run nx-dreport to clear out your logs. I have nx-dreport set up to run every time I turn on my Switch, and I haven't gotten banned yet (can't give any guarantees though, for all I know I could be on a pending ban list, but I've been using my Switch like this for months).

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Thog/nx-dreport

I know that it says to use Atmosphere's creport instead, but creport redirects your logs to the microSD and disables telemetry, it doesn't delete existing logs (because in most cases, it's not advised to). But in your specific case of trying to get back to a clean NAND, I really think it makes sense to go ahead and run nx-dreport to clear out your logs. I have nx-dreport set up to run every time I turn on my Switch, and I haven't gotten banned yet (can't give any guarantees though, for all I know I could be on a pending ban list, but I've been using my Switch like this for months).
Thank you for the information. Where is the nro file? Do I have to compile this?

Last edited by XpertXP1,

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question about all of this. Only game i plan on playing online is Smash bros and thats still a couple months away.

When i first bought my switch(second hand) i did a system restore and then did a nand backup. So i have a clean 5.1.0 nand backup. Since then i've been using ReNix and installing nsps but never went online.

Once smash bros comes out do i just reinstall my clean nand-Update to whatever firmware is latest and just play online as normal?

Is there anyway to switch between "cfw" and stock? Since all cfw has to be "loaded" into and not flashed i assume there would be. I have no intentions using piracy games online but i would like to continue to use my switch for homebrew emulators while im on the go and then be able to go online with my genuine copy of smash bros while at home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8