Hardware Switch lite yay or nay?

Switch lite or Switch which one do you prefer?

• Lite

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Normal

Votes: 117 92.1%

• Total voters

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know?
It almost certainly won't be vulnerable to existing exploits. Fusee-gelee started being patched on units shipped in 2018, and it's very likely going to be released with 8.0.0 or higher, which excludes Deja Vu. There are no other exploits in the pipeline.

Nintendo also did a great job with security, and I can't understate how daunting finding a new exploit is. SciresM, an authority on the subject, thinks patched systems on 8.1.0 "probably" won't ever be hackable.

In summary, new systems on 8.0.0+ probably won't be hacked for years, if ever.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: HideoKojima

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The Switch Lite very likely won't be hackable when it's released, and there's a good chance it will never be hackable.
The likelihood of ever seeing a hack for the lite and it's patched revision counterpart switches is slim to none.
Granted that every feasible hacking feat done thus far revolves around the RCM bug--the principle of switch hacking. (with the exception of 4.1.0=> patched units)

So long story short: I won't be getting a switch lite. Doesn't matte how fancy-shcmancy and appealing the design and build may appear. I'm not flattered at all by it. "Crisp" 5.5 720p sounds cool and all but even so it'll be quite blurry.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from it not being hackable, and obviously not being able to use a dock, there's another reason not to get the Switch Lite. Joycons are probably the crappiest controllers Nintendo has ever made, especially considering the "drift" problem many people are experiencing with their joysticks. At least with a Switch, replacing the joycon is easy (although overpriced.) But I would be really upset if I spent $199 on a Switch Lite only to have the analog sticks start drifting 4 months later and they're permanently attached to the console (at least for the average end user, anyway...)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from it not being hackable, and obviously not being able to use a dock, there's another reason not to get the Switch Lite. Joycons are probably the crappiest controllers Nintendo has ever made, especially considering the "drift" problem many people are experiencing with their joysticks. At least with a Switch, replacing the joycon is easy (although overpriced.) But I would be really upset if I spent $199 on a Switch Lite only to have the analog sticks start drifting 4 months later and they're permanently attached to the console (at least for the average end user, anyway...)

I guess you didn't hear that they're fixing joycons with drift for free.

So having said that there's no way they're going to send out a new console that has the same drift issue and have to repair all those consoles for free. They obviously has a solution to fix it and it will obviously be applied to the Lites.

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you didn't hear that they're fixing joycons with drift for free.

So having said that there's no way they're going to send out a new console that has the same drift issue and have to repair all those consoles for free. They obviously has a solution to fix it and it will obviously be applied to the Lites.
Many people reported that their joycons broke again after repair so it's not very reliable

D

Deleted User

I say nay, solely based on its features compared to a regular Switch. The targeted audience for the Switch Lite is children, not teenagers or adults.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I preordered the Pokemon Switch Lite, but am just as likely to cancel before release. I do kind of want one that is smaller and less embarrassing to carry around.
Dont kno why you think its embarrassing carrying a switch around as its a handheld

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning