Hacking Question Switch lite won't boot into CFW only OFW

shanarock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I really need help, I'm using atmos 0.20 and firmware 12.0. my switch crashed after using edizon and it says my sd card got corrupted. I tried scandisk and repair ny sd card on pc, it still won't boot from sd card. So I formatted my sd card, installed a clean install of atmos and hekate, but my switch still only boot OFW. My sd card shouldn't have problem anymore, I'm really at lost.

Any advice on how to force my switch lite to boot from sd card?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use RCM or just press the power button and expect it to boot into CFW? Just google "how to enter rcm mode in switch".

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Did you use RCM or just press the power button and expect it to boot into CFW? Just google "how to enter rcm mode in switch".

There is no RCM on a Lite, so your advice is not really at any help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really need help, I'm using atmos 0.20 and firmware 12.0. my switch crashed after using edizon and it says my sd card got corrupted. I tried scandisk and repair ny sd card on pc, it still won't boot from sd card. So I formatted my sd card, installed a clean install of atmos and hekate, but my switch still only boot OFW. My sd card shouldn't have problem anymore, I'm really at lost.

Does your chip has SX OS or Spacecraft-NX ?

Does the chip still try to glitch the console as it should when booting up ?

Last edited by Kallrkyle,

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Another sidenote, if its booting to ofw, then the chip ain't glitching, that means it ain't working, no SD card can solve that
You need to find the reason the chip ain't glitching, probably a cold solder joint

shanarock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There is no RCM on a Lite, so your advice is not really at any help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does your chip has SX OS or Spacecraft-NX ?

Does the chip still try to glitch the console as it should when booting up ?

It's SX OS lite yes, the light inside my switch is green and then it went straight to OFW. Does that mean it's damaged and unrepairable?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Were you using emuNAND? If so there's a good chance you have to create a new emuNAND and you will lose all the games and save data you had on it.

shanarock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does it come up with the No SD screen if you remone the SD cand and boot the console ?
It boot into OFW with or without my sd card. If you're talking about boot dat, no, there is no such screen. It did show a screen to turn off my switch if I were to remove the sd card when it's on.

And I did backup my switch and create a new emuNAND, but it still boot from my OFW sysNAND. It's as if my switch never been hacked.

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It boot into OFW with or without my sd card. If you're talking about boot dat, no, there is no such screen. It did show a screen to turn off my switch if I were to remove the sd card when it's on.

When theres no "NO SD" Screen without SD inserted, the chip is not glitching, thats your problem. I have never had a chip that showed a green light despite an error - but the symptoms are clear. No glitch, no CFW.

Unfortunately, you have to open the switch and check the contacts.

shanarock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You're right, my chip seems to be damaged. I don't want to mess with hardware, so I'm just going to get it repaired, which is quite expensive *sigh*

My question now, Is the SX chip this vulnerable? Like they can only last a year or so?

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My guess is that its not proper soldered so there are cold joints
But could also be the chip itself, just never heard of others where the chip just died

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu