Switch Lite + SX Lite odd behavior (glitches but no screen)

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,
I have a very odd issue with a Switch Lite with a SX Lite (original chip).

Someone else has tried to install another SX Lite in this console and claimed the same thing.
One thing I need to mention though is that when I received the console to redo the work, apparently there was a small short in the top part of the NAND flat cable. Apparently it was shorting with the small pad below (although there was no tin traces when I removed all the "dirt"):
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 16.06.33.jpeg

So, basically the chip blinks blue then stays green and no screen is visible. The screen is lit up but nothing is presented. Not even the "boot.dat" icon when no microSD is used.
If I remove the flat ribbon connections from the chip the console turns on normally and I can use it.

I tried reflashing the chip and using different microSD with no success.

Here are some pictures of the instalaltion (the SP2 appears to be shorting but it's just and "angle issue"):
IMG_20211021_161918353.jpgIMG_20211021_161939101.jpg

This is the screen I see when the console turns green:
IMG_20211021_183656155.jpgIMG_20211021_183819246_MP.jpg

If I remove the flats the console turns on fine:
IMG_20211021_183928257_HDR.jpg

I am flabbergasted by this!
Does anyone have any clues?

Thank in advance!

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have a very odd issue with a Switch Lite with a SX Lite (original chip).

Someone else has tried to install another SX Lite in this console and claimed the same thing.
One thing I need to mention though is that when I received the console to redo the work, apparently there was a small short in the top part of the NAND flat cable. Apparently it was shorting with the small pad below (although there was no tin traces when I removed all the "dirt"):
View attachment 281029

So, basically the chip blinks blue then stays green and no screen is visible. The screen is lit up but nothing is presented. Not even the "boot.dat" icon when no microSD is used.
If I remove the flat ribbon connections from the chip the console turns on normally and I can use it.

I tried reflashing the chip and using different microSD with no success.

Here are some pictures of the instalaltion (the SP2 appears to be shorting but it's just and "angle issue"):
View attachment 281022View attachment 281023

This is the screen I see when the console turns green:
View attachment 281024View attachment 281025

If I remove the flats the console turns on fine:
View attachment 281026

I am flabbergasted by this!
Does anyone have any clues?

Thank in advance!
Best bet is to try another chip.

Reactions: mvmiranda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol