Hardware Switch Lite Overpriced?

Basketto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’m sure people will buy it! Especially with pokemon coming out. However as someone that buys consoles in Aus, I can say as a fact you can buy Brand new switch consoles including a game for 439$ as prices have gone down, the Lite costs 329$ supposedly and mentions nothing about including any games. Considering the difference isn’t even 25%, it just baffles me anyone could be interested in a console that cant switch(the irony), no dock, HD rumble, lacks the ability to play certain games. The only good thing that can be said is, it has a DPad. I dont know how prices compare in the US and UK? So can’t really comment. I never intended in buying a lite, but was curious on other peoples opinions :P, on prices in other countries/ differences and how many people are actually tempted to buy the console and thoughts on its price.

Username4321

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Australia lmao.
US price is $200 vs the usual $300 not counting deals. The n3DSXL (Americans' hands were too fat for the regular model apparently) also cost $200, so the Switch Lite isn't too far out there as a "high-end" Nintendo handheld. It can be disappointing that it's not a low-budget device like the 2DS despite being the Switch's equivalent to it, though.
I think it's an appropriate launch price but it's no bargain.

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Its not, switch is still a powerfull handle device, indeed for 200$ you can't buy a more powerfull tablet (with better display yeah, but not more powerfull), also physical controls includes.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It has to be understood that the Switch Lite is much probably targetted to a younger audience (guessing by the funky colors and the undockable nature of it), and much more importantly, audience with less money to spend overall. 100 dollars do make a difference, and yes, it strips away a lot of interesting features, mainly the dock and the separable joycons, but for someone who mostly plays alone and on handheld, it's perfect. If you are so picky about all the features of a console and whatnot, certainly you probably can afford something like the og Switch/PS4/XONE of all things.

Certainly a lot of people don't need the Lite, but again, if you don't need it, if you think it's overpriced, or if you already have the og Switch, probably you don't need it anyways.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had faith in the quality of the product, it might be something I'd consider, especially as a second console for a child. But, I have 4 joycons that all have various "drift" issues with the analog sticks. I have every home console Nintendo ever released in the USA, and of all the crazy controllers Nintendo has come out with, these joycons have got to be the WORST. They're garbage, it's like they were built to be disposable.

At least with my Switch I can always buy more joycons. And sure, wireless joycons will work with the Switch Lite as well. But if those "built-in" analog sticks on the Switch Lite start giving you problems, you're stuck with them. Not worth it on any console that costs over $150 in my opinion.

There were problems with the analog sticks on the 3DS too, but in my opinion the sticks on the joycons are the worst.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
possible... if its true, there is STILL a marketplace for the 3DS... hence the 2DS models still being made or sold.

sadly no more games being made- instead making due of the eShop and back catalog (which is amazing and not all of it can be ported over to the switch)

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it could dock it would be ok, but for 200 it’s just too much drawbacks, and i’m worried about the controls issues like analog drifting on the regular joycons and bad d-pad like the pro controller.

Reactions: Basketto and Tac 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them