OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello all,
I have a customer's Switch Lite with some issues on the display side.
The customer tried to install the SX Lite and, after a failed attempt, gave up.

There is no missing cap on top of the APU, the board is missing the microSD cap for powering up the SX Lite, there seems to be no apparent short near the NAND points but spotted a weird "gunk" around the small crystal near the video connector. It looked like flux residue.
When touching the crystal with my fingers it was super hot! I could not keep touching it for more than 4 seconds.
Untitled.png (image from the internet)

When powering on the console the backlight turns on (I can measure the 17v) and only a thin vertical "stripe" of image can be seen on the far right side of the screen and. after some minutes with the screen lit the image starts to appear with colors washed out, small stripes almost like scanlines and the screen flickers a lot turning on and off intermittently. Also, the icons does leave "burned" images where it was.
IMG_20201126_131222260.jpg IMG_20201126_131251773.jpg

Does anyone eve experienced this?
I'm considering switching the crystal for testing purposes!

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks!

Terzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello all,
I have a customer's Switch Lite with some issues on the display side.
The customer tried to install the SX Lite and, after a failed attempt, gave up.

There is no missing cap on top of the APU, the board is missing the microSD cap for powering up the SX Lite, there seems to be no apparent short near the NAND points but spotted a weird "gunk" around the small crystal near the video connector. It looked like flux residue.
When touching the crystal with my fingers it was super hot! I could not keep touching it for more than 4 seconds.
View attachment 235498 (image from the internet)

When powering on the console the backlight turns on (I can measure the 17v) and only a thin vertical "stripe" of image can be seen on the far right side of the screen and. after some minutes with the screen lit the image starts to appear with colors washed out, small stripes almost like scanlines and the screen flickers a lot turning on and off intermittently. Also, the icons does leave "burned" images where it was.
View attachment 235499 View attachment 235500

Does anyone eve experienced this?
I'm considering switching the crystal for testing purposes!

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks!

Hello!

I have the same problem.
Did you find a way to fix it ?

Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...