1. Vord

OP Vord Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello guys,

i am desperately in need for help.

First things first: What is going on:
    I have two switches: one ist an unmodded model (XAJ7) bought off ebay used), the other one is a XKJ-MARIKO model (got a new one as a gift). I am trying to get CFW running on the XAJ-model.

What i already tried was:
    • Several cables, original nintendo one, and many others. i found an old mobile cable to be working with the XKJ. ----> cable seems to be perfectly functional. (the nintendo one doesnt work)
    • TegraSmash: in RCM, my XKJ gets detected instandly, Windows plays the "device connected" sound. Of course, it cant be smashed.
    • Now I tried the same thing with the XAJ one: NO "device connected"-sound, even the hardware manager doesnt detect the XAJ-model.
    • Additionally, i reinstalled the APX-driver several times, doesnt do anything. Even played around with ZADIG, doesn't work either. I moved on to my Lubuntu-Netbook.
    • On The Lubuntu, i did the same thing, get both Switches into RCM, and the result (after typing LS-USB in terminal) is as follows:
    • the XKJ is detectes as a NVIDIA-device. The XAJ is again not detected at all.
    The third thing I tried was getting an RCMloader (model oneB) and tried the same. Results:
    • on the XKJ, the loader fires instantly, with no effect. (of course, because mariko).
    • on the XAJ, the loader does not do anything at all.
    Lastly, the XAJ just gets charged normally while in my dock.

I would totally appreciate any tips to get this thing going into CFW. I am totally clueless about whats the reason i cant inject a payload into the XAJ.

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by Vord, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Vord

OP Vord Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I forgot to add:
    • Regarding the RCMloader: on both Switches, when in normal mode (OFW). when inserted, it seems to be charge (the RCMloader emits a whitish light.)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - detected, Windows, Lubuntu