Hacking Question Switch is on black screen after updating tinfoil. Bricked? (7.0.x)

Nalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

So I downloaded a new version of Tinfoil and replaced all my files etc etc and then for some reason restarted my switch. It would sometimes boot into RCM mode and in which case I would inject my payload and then it'd show the atmosphere boot up screen and then it'd just display like a dark grey screen? So it was turned on but it was just a dark grey screen. Now it isn't showing any sense of life, not even going into RCM Mode or anything now. I have tried holding the power button for 15 seconds, changing some files on my SD card and charging my switch. Have I somehow managed to brick it? I have nand backups if there is anyway I can restore my nand?

Also I put 7.0.x because I cant remember what firmware it is on but I know its on 7 something.

Thank you.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none of that sounds detrimental. is there any chance it's just dead? i'd charge it (even with autoRCM) for about 20 minutes, try to inject the payload again, and immediately throw it on the charger.

hekate (if that's your payload of choice) has battery % at the bottom

else you should see a small battery symbol in the corner of the switch (tablet) while it's on the dock. if there's a lightning bolt next to it, it's charging.

Nalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
none of that sounds detrimental. is there any chance it's just dead? i'd charge it (even with autoRCM) for about 20 minutes, try to inject the payload again, and immediately throw it on the charger.

hekate (if that's your payload of choice) has battery % at the bottom

else you should see a small battery symbol in the corner of the switch (tablet) while it's on the dock. if there's a lightning bolt next to it, it's charging.
Thanks for the response, if that does somehow not manage to fix it could it possibly be bricked? I really have never had this issue before and upon looking on the internet, apparently no one else has either.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, man. i'm no expert or anything. if holding the power button for 15 seconds then reinjecting the payload doesn't work, then idk how to help. :(

it doesn't sound like a brick, tho

Last edited by enderer,

Nalon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry, man. i'm no expert or anything. if holding the power button for 15 seconds then reinjecting the payload doesn't work, then idk how to help. :(

It's fine, I'll leave it on charge over night and edit this message if it works :) Thanks for the help though <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.